ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Where I live they are considerably cheaper in the winter than in the spring, the weather is looking up so all the 1200$ miatas are starting to relist at 3500$. I think in general the popularity of the car in the youth as it bridges certain social labels will determine the used resale.

·
Registered
70 Posts
yes the pricing for a Miata is ridiculous in California.
One there are more of the house auction dealers bumping the price up.
Two is the the part out facilities are growing and snatching up all the low hanging fruit and parting out something that could be a project car to others.
3rd California Miata scene has become not Ghey, but cool-Bro style and GV lips at 80 bucks makes any miata a super valuable ricecar that can be bumped up to 4k.

Do I sound but hurt?
Yep been searching for a cheap 95 to start a project build, because my 2001 is daily. * Sadface.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Its ridiculous that even super high mileage NA6s (180k miles) with body damage are listed at $3000+.

It kinda makes one glad to have already own a Miata. If you need quick cash, you can sell it in a heartbeat for your asking price.

·
Kony For President
2,036 Posts
I parted out my Miata and actually made money on it, so I bought a Cabriolet and a motorcycle. Take that, gas prices!

·
Registered
1,778 Posts
I recently saw a bone stock, base model (I'm talking steelies base model), 1990 with around 170k Miles on it in ok shape and the people wanted nearly $4.5k for it. FL Miata prices are ridiculous as well, but summer is approaching, so drop top prices will be going up either way. Regardless of the summer inflation, people are asking major crackpipe prices for Miatas lately.

·
Registered
1,531 Posts
I'm glad I already have one. I remember the prices for good condition miatas being anywhere from 2-3K when I was searching 3.5 years ago.

·
Registered
747 Posts
The best way to do it these days seems to be buying a shell or non-runner and fixing it up. I agree that prices have gotten crazy. Unfortunately it's also time for me to get another Miata as well :(

·
enormous gay swords.
6,360 Posts
A year ago, I picked up my 2001 SE with 49K for $7.5K. It needed brake pads and a slave cylinder....not a crazy steal but saw an identical car with 55K listed for $9K last month

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
thank god i got my car a little over a year ago. bought it bone stock 91' with 106k for $2400. now i go online and cant find anything for around that price. people are asking ridiculouse prices for them. like $3500 for a pos with 150k. miatas are going down the same path as the 240's. i remember picking up 240's for 1k all the time back in the day. ever since drifting got popular its almost impossible to find a decent one for sale anymore.
oh well, its just the way of the world.

·
Supporting Member
446 Posts
Sounds like a good idea would be buying an importing a cheap Eunos from here in the UK. I bought my 91 uk spec for £1150 2 years ago (around $1800) with less than 90k miles on it. If nothing else I bet some of you guys could make good money on importing and selling RHD MX5's and Eunos over there, if you can get the idea past import customs

·
Registered
747 Posts
I've actually been considering it. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to import cars less than 25 years old. The only way to sneak one is would be to ship the shell and engine separately, combine them and VIN swap the car which is pretty illegal.

·
Premium Member
6,345 Posts
I've actually been considering it. Unfortunately, we're not allowed to import cars less than 25 years old. The only way to sneak one is would be to ship the shell and engine separately, combine them and VIN swap the car which is pretty illegal.
True, but seeing as it's a Miata and not a R3x, I can't imagine it being hard to pull off.

·
Registered
747 Posts
True, but seeing as it's a Miata and not a R3x, I can't imagine it being hard to pull off.
The main problem would involve shipping. Getting a container is a bit more expensive than "roll-on, roll-off".

·
Registered
88 Posts
Sucks for anyone looking to buy a cheap project like this guy here <---:fp: I saw a 94 that didn't turn on with body damage for 1800 !

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
Why are you guys bitching about the value of your car? I'd be happy if I owned a 20 year old car that was starting to regain some of its value and possibly be considered classic in a few more years and not just a beat run of the mill civic.

Seriously, 3 months ago everyone on CR was depressed and suicidal, now everyone has sand in their vaginas. Nothing but bitching going on for the past 2 weeks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts