ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
Holly crap! That expensive. How much can you learn in one day. Save your money and go on a regular track day and use the instructors when your there(they're free). Then you will have enough for two days and you could buy your own food...

·
4,296 Posts

·
Registered
459 Posts
yea...seriously huh? but it can't be that bad. its a service, right? you don't already have techniques after a year or 2 when you first get ur DL. it is taught or experienced...learned from some source. perfect for those who have friends or thought about racing canyon roads like GMR... why go thru a couple of crashes just to get to the same place?

i think it really is a "safer" way to do it. so have fun sean jay! its a smart choice considering what else coul've happened.

·
Banned
5,894 Posts
have fun sean. listen to your instructors, don't worry about what others are or aren't doing. i've done these events in the past and instructed at a few. you should gain in one day what it takes others a year to learn.

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
have fun sean. listen to your instructors, don't worry about what others are or aren't doing. i've done these events in the past and instructed at a few. you should gain in one day what it takes others a year to learn.
im glad to see i finally got some positive feedback from you guys after the first few "too expensive" comments- i was getting a little discouraged.

the course includes a 90 minute in class lecture- skid pad training track time, and instructor ride alongs. not too bad i thought. it's the same race school that you can rent the celicas from.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Yeah man, definately have fun. I just wish there was something like that around here. The "Monster Mile" that is like two miles away from me does nothing of the sort, unless you like Nascar. They have some sorta program for a ride and drive session in a race ready Nascar. Sucks tho cause the track is an oval... and left... left.... left... just sounds boring. Ne ways, i hope you have fun.

-Jeremy

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
im glad to see i finally got some positive feedback from you guys after the first few "too expensive" comments- i was getting a little discouraged.

the course includes a 90 minute in class lecture- skid pad training track time, and instructor ride alongs. not too bad i thought. it's the same race school that you can rent the celicas from.
Sorry Sean,
Didn't mean to discourage you. I did not realize you paid allready. I'm sure you will learn alot there and i hope the track time is the majority of the day too.
Good luck with it and let us all know how it went.
Fred

·
Registered
1,028 Posts
same here. didn't know you'd already paid.

there is definately a difference between groups where instruction is "free" and events where the instructors are paid. Should be a difference in quality of attention.

have fun.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Also keep in my the words for Sir Jackie Stewart, "Never get on the gas until you never have to get off again".

Then listen to danny and youll have a blast

·
Registered
1,706 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
lol guess what- i pulled out! my clutch started slipping- and i also needed to upgrade my brake pads....

cant go to the track on a slipping clutch and cant afford track day+clutch/brake work.... ugh im sad i cant go

1 - 20 of 22 Posts