ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
anyone know where to get replacement mirrors that cancel out the bright hid drivers that like to tail me? i have the rear view mirror but wonder how much it would be to change the side mirrors?

·
Registered
145 Posts
I've seen people use light colored window tint, smoked, yellow or blue. Maybe you could buy some of those stick on yellow headlight covers and cut them to fit your side mirrors.

Or just remove the pass side mirror like me :D

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I've noticed that my Runabout mirrors have a nice blue tint to the glass that seems to minimize the brightness of HID lights, as well as halogen ones.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
yes that's the kind of mirror i want, but i dont mind the stock mirror housing i just want a new mirror. Like the ones you see on bmw's or mercedes benz... anyone know where i can get something like that? i know it's all over the road&ster magazines but i don't have any sources/connections to people in japan =(

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
i know it's all over the road&ster magazines but i don't have any sources/connections to people in japan
Yes you do. You've got us. Or more specifically, you've got [email protected]. He's one of this forum's sponsors and he can get you pretty much anything you see in R&S. I didn't understand what you were asking for at first. If all you want is tinted glass for your door mirrors then pop down to your local window or tint shop and have them throw some film on there.

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
I think that with oem mirrors the reflective material is vapor deposited onto the back side of the glass. They can change the chemical makeup of this reflective coating to make it tinted smoke or blue or green. The cheap and easy way to achieve similar results is to apply a tinted film to the front side of the mirror but it isn't as durable as the oem process.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts