ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So we all know that the miata is in no position to win a cargo space contest. As I am building a fully custom miata, I've been thinking of ideas for a matching trailer. Using some sort of custom mounting hitch and matching miata style closed top trailer. Something resembling the one that you could get with the Plymouth prowler back in the day (ill post an example of that when I am not at work) the idea was originally a tire trailer for track days, but that could be used for cargo and junk for long road trips and such.
So what do you guys think? good idea? bad idea? Useful? Would you ever use one?
I'm gonna draw out some examples when I get a chance.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Those are sorta what I was thinking. But I didn't quite want it to just look like someone cut the back of a miata off and put a hitch on it. Buying one kind of defeats the whole "custom" aspect. Lol. Thanks though. Those do look cool.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Heres the brilliant part you can put 2 of the full size on the trailer! and store the 2 spares in the trunk!:woolery:

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
^ So what you are saying is, make a super ricey trailer? Sounds.... well.... awful lol.

Whatever it would be, it would match the car, but not just look like the back have of the car has been cut off and moved back.

Don't need this:

·
Supporting Member
106 Posts
I think modding the trailer to maybe not match, but go along the same theme of your miata would still be cool.. we have yet to see a modded trailer. and speak for yourself when you talk about lazy americans. how long did you give this thought before asking other people to come up with an idea of FOR you. You want a "matching trailer" but not something that would match your car. you dont give us much to work with.

·
Registered
619 Posts
they are so boss make one!

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
First off, I'm not attacking anyone and not calling anyone he a "lazy american." And I didn't ask for any IDEAS. I asked for opinions. And yeah it's confusing. I want the style to "match" but not the actual shape to be identical.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts