ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i think some of you socal folks (and beyond!) would be more than happy to drive up a few hundred miles to enjoy racing on laguna seca, and everything else that beautiful monterey bay has to offer for a weekend. i plan on making it a mini dream vacation if they lock down laguna seca for the event.

here is a link to the thread, and the first post in quotes:

http://forum.miata.net/vb/showthread.php?t=197710

"Hi All,

As we get ready to start planning next years Miatapalooza we need to get some feedback from the community. If the event were to take place at Laguna Seca next year, would you be willing to travel out to the event, and if so how far would you be traveling. Your response should carry considerable weight on encouraging all the players at Mazda USA and Laguna Seca to facilitate this event.

Please spread the word outside the California community to get a good indication of national, even international response.

Our goal is to have a base of major venders, a track event, a autocross competition, and a skid pan for the event. And of course the camaraderie that a gathering of Miata owners creates.

What the heck, what is the world record for most Miatas at a club event?"

·
Registered
1 Posts
Thanks toofarfromjune for spreading the word. Hi folks, here is the plan! BAMA (Bay Area Miata Association) is planning on holding our annual gathering at Laguna Seca next year. Events on the table include a track day, Autox events both timed and untimed(for the newbie who doesn't want to beat the clock), a skid pan, ton of vendors, representatives from west coast clubs, and a whole bunch of miatas.

I will do my best to keep you all posted here and forward any suggestions to the board at BAMA.

Thanks,

Steve

·
Registered
692 Posts
sounds very cool, i'd gladly make the drive from socal to do a lap or two around laguna seca
(google maps says i'm 383 miles from the holy land)

1 - 3 of 3 Posts