ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
380 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The dates for the 2012 MRLS have been released! It's going to be taking place on March 31-April 1. Yes, June would have been nice but it's hard enough to get a weekend on this track as it is. Here's the official announcement:

Great news! We're happy to announce that we finally have a date for Miatas at Mazda Raceway 2012! The event will take place on March 31st and April 1st. Please pencil it into your calendar now.

We are still waiting for the absolute final confirmation of that date, although we don't foresee any problems. Our target is to have everything nailed down by the first week in January. Negotiating a full weekend at a track like Mazda Raceway at Laguna Seca is quite a difficult task, and Mazda has done a lot to ensure this event will happen.

The overall pricing structure will be very similar to last time, at $250 per day for track drivers and $35 for participants who want to go for rides on the hot laps or drive themselves on the parade laps during lunch time. We've continued to make changes and improvements based on your feedback. For example, we'll be holding parade laps during lunch on both days and have moved the group photo to after all the track activities are done on Saturday.

We'll be posting the full details on-line (www.miatasatmazdaraceway.com) as well as sending out emails to everyone as soon as we have everything fully confirmed. Please check back at the website regularly as that will be the focal point for information as we move forward. We have a number of off-track activities being planned as well. And naturally, all your favorite Miata vendors will also be on hand to show off their toys and take you for rides!

Looking forward to seeing everyone at MRLS in March!

The sound level has yet to be confirmed, but it should be higher than the usual 93 dB. We're aiming for over 100.

·
Registered
88 Posts
tempting...

·
Registered
7,491 Posts
What a great weekend! Here are some pics:

My hotel room overlooked the hotel parking lot, here's the beginning of Friday's BBQ:

The Corkscrew with quite the conga line action going on:

Moss cars leading another conga line down the Corkscrew:

By ourselves on Sunday morning (OK this shot was staged...):

Garth Stein speaking at Saturday night's dinner:

Our most awesome fearless leader Rick Weldon; "I do solemnly swear to love Miatas, the whole Miata, and nothing but the Miata..." (pic taken at Saturday night's dinner):

Meet our next-generation Moss Miata race driver!

Doing a passenger exchange on Sunday in the hot pit:

Moss car #047 rockin' thru turn 11:

And here is me demonstrating the fastest wet line thru turn 10:

OK I lost it at the exit of 10 in the wet and I was relieved to recover BEFORE leaving the asphalt surface...!

Chris

·
Registered
130 Posts
Great stuff; love the Conga line and the 'wet line'.

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
Here's me driving Team 949 Racing's NASA E1 endurance race car in the rain. Grand-Am rain tires are nutty... Lovin' it.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
What do the tires compare to design, compound, and depth wise? Hoosier wets? Or something even better.
I believe they are an equivalent just badged as continentals.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts