ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Been lurking for a while, like most of these recent posts, I was "driven from the shadows" by the new classified rules. I've owned my 1994 M Edition for about 8 months now. In that time, I've added a Hard Dog M2 HCDD bar, harness bar & Schroth DOT legal harness. I've also picked up a set of 92/93 LE BBS rims which are shod with some brand new Z1 Star Specs and awaiting the return of decent weather. I've also replaced the top and had the rocker panel rust removed. Over the next couple of months I'm planning to clean/POR 15 most of the undercarriage (Michigan is hard on Miatas) and hopefully start prepping for a repaint. The car is used mostly for recreational driving (although with gas pushing $4.00+ per gallon, I'll be encouraging my wife to DD it). Also do some local autocross and am hoping for a track day or two if funds allow. That's about it.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Here she is "at work":

·
Registered
130 Posts
Welcome aboard from a Western Michigan graduate; sounds like a great car to run out to South Haven. I too love the "leprosy paint option".

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Small world, I guess, I'm a WMU grad too. By "South Haven", are you talking about the beach or Gingerman? Actually, it would probably be good for either, although some suspension work is probably in order before its ready for Gingerman and some paint work in order before its ready for the beach. Tried to get some up to date pics today, but resizing owns me. . . :?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Alright, with a crude re-size, here's the way she looks right now. I do have the hubs & center caps for the wheels, but need to pick up some shorter lug nuts before I can install them:

·
Registered
130 Posts
Small world, I guess, I'm a WMU grad too. By "South Haven", are you talking about the beach or Gingerman? Actually, it would probably be good for either, although some suspension work is probably in order before its ready for Gingerman and some paint work in order before its ready for the beach. Tried to get some up to date pics today, but resizing owns me. . . :?
I lived in the Zoo from 82-87. I never made it to Gingerman but made a few visits to a quarter mile stock car track in Galesburg. During the summer we use to hang out in So. Haven, hitting Clementimes, the Idler and a few other places. It's been a few years ... but I'll always have fond memories.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I've been out to Gingerman a few times to spectate, but haven't run yet. Its a notoriously "newb friendly" track, so I'll definitely do it sometime. (Probably not this year as I still have some projects on the Miata I want to finish with available disposable income)
Most of your favorites are still there, except the Galesburg Speedway. That closed last year.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts