ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My roadster now has a mouse problem.

My Next door neighbor warned me that he had a mouse in his basement that ate through his A/C line. SO I figure I better check the miata thats been sitting in my garage two weeks waiting for an engine swap. The trunk, interior, engine compartment and heven my new top (how, I dunno) are covered in mouse droppings. I cleaned everything out, and drove up the street, everything works so I dont think any wires have been chewed up. Next thing I know is I look to the right, and one of the little brown bastards is sitting on his back two feet on the top of my passenger door panel, looking right at me! I downshift, he flew foreward and smacked the mirror, and hung on for a bit, then fell off! one down...

Anyhow, this sucks. The only way Im going toget the smell out of my car is ripping out all the carpet. The engine and nitrous system is my first priority for the car right now is the engine and nitrous system, so I will be running "full race" interior for awhile... Just when I was beginning to think all I have to show so far is a high$$$ pile of parts and a smoke machine....

The garage has been scrubbed clean, the miata gets stripped next...

·
Registered
1,999 Posts
I had the same problem, hence why I have no trunk carpet anymore. :(

·
Registered
465 Posts
that sucks overall but the story is great. i couldnt imagine driving and lookin to my right to see a little rodent lookin at me lol. cool way he died or more like ejected too lol.

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Ummm, Woodstock does not have mice problems - you have a rat. Lets just say I am very familiar with the species that roams the Woodstock GA area. Pain in the arse! Hope you get him (them) soon before they breed.
they were brown field mice. I saw two of them, and got a real close look at the one that looked my in the eye from the top or the pax door. There were no large droppings, so lets hope there is no mamma and daddy rats around.

A field near the house is being cleared, so that would explain the invasion of me and my neighbors.

Thank god they were only in the garage, and it was swept and mopped out. Their little "nest" was very small, they could not have been there long. I checked the house and basment thoroughly, and I cant find any evidence of them. I hope this is the last of them.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
i had the car gutted for a month and cleaned twice and it still smelled funny......

but once i removed the fule tank cover i found most of the problem and it smells 10 times better. at first i could not figure out the smell so i removed EVERYTHING because it looked gross and smelled gross but now i know what it was RATS!!!

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Well, I stripped the car and trunk of everything but a dashboard and drivers seat, and drove it to work today. The car was Hot, noisy, and LOUD LOUD LOUD!....

... And I loved it!! :twisted: I could hear everything the car was doing like a mechanical symphony. It was just as much music to my ears as the $4k (wasted btw) audio system I had at one point. I felt much more one with the car and the road, it was much like riding my motorcycle.

which is a good thing, because Its going to be about a year before I'll be able to re-do the interior... Too many projects at once. If I can somehow make the bare interior have a finished sort of look I may leave it that way, and save the carpc for the OTM. OTOH I may tire of it in a week, who knows...

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
you should have seen the pictures of a BOA constricter that was lurking in the engine bay of a civic si? i think. and got caught in a belt, pictures werent pretty x-x

·
Registered
261 Posts
my friend with an evo had a worse mouse problem, it turned out his filter fell off his evo after the new turbo transplant and well the turbo decided to inhale the mouse... very not pretty

·
Mufasa in Training
32,632 Posts
Kind of reminds me of when my parents had a garage sale when I was little...my father was walking a friend around our garage (it was a two car unit, but Dad had hand built an extension to give it two doors and it was and did at one time hold FIVE cars!), and they stopped next to the Model A Cabriolet he'd bought from a family friend. As they're talking, the guy must have noticed something in the car and finally asks my father:

"Hey...does the raccoon come with that thing?"

Sure enough, sleeping soundly on the bench seat was a fat raccoon! :lol:

It wasn't my family's only run-in with rodents. When my family moved, we moved all of Dad's old cars (none of which are currently running) with us. His 68 Mustang Fastback had been used as a nest for either a raccoon or large rats, because they had eaten through the rear wheelwell ( :shock: ) and left plenty of droppings in the back seat...

1 - 16 of 16 Posts