ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 45 Posts

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, so I thought it would be interesting to find out who else is piling on miles. For me, I bought my 95 Miata October 17th with 129,370 miles. As of today it has 142,559 miles--100 mile commute to work. The car is just fantastic to drive and I am averaging 31 mpg.

·
Registered
509 Posts
Damn, I dont drive that much but Ive gone from 160,xxx to 166xxx in about 3 months. 30 miles a day to school and back plus my random driving.

·
Registered
519 Posts
My car has around 178.###!

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Not bad.

I am tearing through audio books, and spend around 4 hours a day in the car-- live in PA and work in Annapolis MD. It is crazy how many people comment how they love the Miata. There is a lot of passion for the car.

·
Registered
172 Posts

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
Wow Chris, where the heck are you driving? That's 30,000 miles a year and no commute!

Well I come from a family that enjoys driving far for stupid things, ever since I was a kid we would always drive an hour to go eat at new places so it sorta carried over to now I drive very often and very far, for car meets, hanging out with friends, or going out to eat.

I also went to baltimore import alliance (10 hour round trip and we drove around while being there) and went to NC/TN for miatas at the gap, which was a 20 hour round trip with a whole weekend of driving around on the dragon and other roads. So when you add those up with me driving often 30k a year isnt that bad haha. My mom drives so many more miles than me with a 2 hour round trip every single day. My dad does the same aswell.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
yessir, and original clutch until 270k
You gotta love these cars!

My brother bought a Chevy Malibu for his daughter and has spent thousands on it within 6 months. I am only buying Miatas for my kids--that way I can work on them.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Well I come from a family that enjoys driving far for stupid things, ever since I was a kid we would always drive an hour to go eat at new places so it sorta carried over to now I drive very often and very far, for car meets, hanging out with friends, or going out to eat.

I also went to baltimore import alliance (10 hour round trip and we drove around while being there) and went to NC/TN for miatas at the gap, which was a 20 hour round trip with a whole weekend of driving around on the dragon and other roads. So when you add those up with me driving often 30k a year isnt that bad haha. My mom drives so many more miles than me with a 2 hour round trip every single day. My dad does the same aswell.
Wow. I could not deal with that. I did a 10 hr round trip to Bellingham, WA for my Torsen two weeks ago. I was miserable by hour 8. This wasn't even in the Miata either. I clock maybe 2000 a year on the Miata lowest was 800 for 2010.

·
Registered
144 Posts
Discussion Starter #14

Me too! Close is never good enough. We would drive to Lancaster for dinner--like 50 miles each way.

·
Candy ass miata man
3,655 Posts
I drove 10 hours in a miata with my corbeau a4 seat and harness's with the topspeed pro-1 exhaust, with catless test pipe top down most of the way:p Now if you havnt heard the topspeed pro-1 with a catless test pipe you might not be impressed but if you have youll understand it was not a fun experience it got old after 4-5 hours and next year I plan on bringing ear ear plugs since I now gutted out most of my interior and its even worse.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
I bought my 91 in October of 2010 with 106,xxx on the clock. And just this week I rolled over to 128,xxx. it's my daily driver and I deliver pizza's with this car.

·
Premium Member
306 Posts
When I lived in california I had a 91 Lexus ls 400. Only had it for 1 year. Bought it feb 2008 with 85k on the clock. Sold it around the same time the next year with 240k on the clock. I had to go from apple valley to LA everyday for work and had a girlfriend that lived in long beach.

1 - 20 of 45 Posts