ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://tributeautomotive.com/

I'm Quite liking it. I can envisage a hunkered down race version over fat wheels with alloy chin splitters and spoilers, striped out and caged up with something manly under the bonnet. Not trying to be a 250 but something in its own right, vintage muscle race car inspired.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
The front is nice, the rear is gross. The miata just doesn't have the proportions of a 60's Italian berlinetta.
This has the same awkward look to it as the Italia body kit.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeh, partly Agree with the proptions no being quite right. The miata is a bit short and the wheel arches are a tad low on the body compared to a proper 250 but as I said before it could be something in its own right with just a nod to 250 styling. A spoiler, splitter, hefty drop and super fat wheels would help the proportions out. And a LS would help the soundtrack!

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
Yeh, partly Agree with the proptions no being quite right. The miata is a bit short and the wheel arches are a tad low on the body compared to a proper 250 but as I said before it could be something in its own right with just a nod to 250 styling. A spoiler, splitter, hefty drop and super fat wheels would help the proportions out. And a LS would help the soundtrack!
Actually, a LS, or any modern V8, will ruin the effect, as far as the soundtrack goes. If you are going for a classic inspired GT, then you may want to look at a straight 6. A TVR AJP-6 does fit the MX5; just (its a very compact 6). With this conversion, it should be easier. RND Engineering are the people to talk to about the Speed 6 motor, as they purchased all the rights to it. The Nissan RB series will fit as well.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
I wish people would stop trying to make Miatas into something they're not. Aftermarket bumpers and some fastbacks are fine, but when they start changing the proportions of the car it just looks goofy.

·
Registered
398 Posts
This almost looks cool. From the windshield forward it looks great. But behind that the proportions are all wrong. It looks tall, and fat, and generally unpleasant. Get just the front bumper and the new warhorse fastback (when it comes out for the NA), slim flares, wide wheels and fat tires, and mod-slam it. Then you might be onto something. The front overhang might still be a bit much though.

·
Registered
400 Posts
Meh. I like my Miata the way it looks now. Like an oversized Elan.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I'm still convinced it has potential. I'm just waiting for some decent pictures of one painted up in anything but primer (red one on their site looks like a 'shop) so I can do some decent renderings in photoshop. Trying to make a matt car shiny is way too much work in ps.

·
brontosaurus
7,236 Posts
Needs side pipes, quarter windows, and a one piece flip up front end.

Otherwise I really like it.

I want to see one painted, slammed on racelands/xxrs, and covered in stickers.

·
Registered
144 Posts
The only thing nice about that is the wheels. Gimme those.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts