ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 101 Posts

·
Registered
31 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
So just three days ago, I finally found a good looking deal on craigslist. A 1994 Mazda Miata "M edition" (The car is not actually an M edition although the owner seems to think it is) $1800 obo. It was a Sunday night, I had off the next day, so did my brother and my mom. So having nothing better to do they decide to take me to see the car. Obviously, I'm very excited, i've been wanting a Miata for years. We had to drive about 2 hours to get to a small town in south jersey. We sat in the parking lot of a food market waiting for the car to show up, after about 20 minutes a beautiful red Miata rolls into the lot. So long story short, we test drove it, liked it, and now its sitting out in my driveway.On the way home we stopped at a wawa and I took some pictures Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Automotive design
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Red Hood
Land vehicle Vehicle Car Regularity rally Coupé
So a few things about me, I'm 16, 6' 3" only have a permit, and have only driven stick once before in tiny parking lot. So Last night my brother took me to Walmart to let me practice driving stick. If im completely honest, im pretty bad at it. I can change gears fine, but getting the car to start moving is gonna take a lot more practice. Red Neon Light Night Neon sign
Stopped at a retro diner on he way home to take some cool pictures.

So enough about how I got it, lets talk about the car itself, and my plans for it. So as you can see in the pictures the paint is in surprisingly good shape, with the exception of the driver side fender has a big patch where the paint is peeling. This fender has also been resprayed at some point, as evident by some spots where the paint ran. There is two dents in the front bumper, but nothing major. It really doesn't take away from how beautiful the car is. The soft top is in good shape, but a little dirty. The rear window is taped down at the bottom, and has quite a few cracks. Driver side mirror is zip tied on and very wobbly. Other then those things i'm quite happy with the exterior. The interior is kinda rough however. There is no carpet except on the shelf behind the seats. The speedometer does not work, and neither does the odometer (which is currently at just over 200k :eek: ) The seats are pretty ripped up, however they are still very comfortable. This coming from somebody that should be way to tall for how small the car is. Good thing is I fit better in the Miata than I do in most cars.

So now on to the good stuff about her. She is a C package, with a tan interior. Meaning, Torsen Lsd, (I plan to be doing many skids) Head rest speakers, power windows (that work surprisingly well) alloy wheels, power steering, front and rear sway bars, and a whole bunch of other goodies. PO installed a double din touchscreen radio. The engine runs well, starts right up and pulls hard. Trans works good as does the clutch. After tightening up the alternator belt, there is no noises it shouldn't be making. Car was garage kept as there is almost no rust, not even on the rockers.

So overall, i'm very happy with my purchase, I ended up getting her for just above $1500. Which especially around here, is a pretty good deal. (people really tend to over price these cars) As of right now my plans are to upgrade suspension, I want it low, but still functional. I want to get chrome bullet style mirrors, and a chrome luggage rack. Replace the rear window. Buy new carpet. I want new wheels, but im not sure what. Also as soon as it gets warmer i'm replacing the timing belt and fluids. So yeah, thats it. This will be a rather slow thread as I'm a sophomore in highschool that works part time in a kitchen.

If you guys have any advice for a new miata owner, and or ideas for cheap mods, I'd be happy to hear them. :icon_cheers:

·
Registered
748 Posts

·
The slam struggle continues
1,885 Posts
re: Minemem wayje Meohtah

Sorry, but also if its you changing the title can you please not? I want actually feedback not people hating on it.
Don't talk to him like that, hes a mod.

·
Premium Member
15,736 Posts
Re: Basic SWAG Miata

Some moron keeps changing the title of the thread. it is supposed to be Minimum wage miata
Then why did you originally name it "Insert cool thread title here?"

To the moderating staff, that just looks like a request.

1 - 20 of 101 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.