ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well the plan is in action, picking up my 2000 Miata next week. Jim at Simpson Design is drawing up a body. Martin at MonsterMiata almost has his V6 EcoBoost conversion ready to install. This build will be epic. Did I mention a digital camera will be following the car so expect a lot of pictures. I'm going for a 60's muscle car look and feel, so I'll say sorry and thank you for all the ideals I'll be stealing that I've seen on here to make this happen. If you can think of anything that would add to this build, please pass it on, I'll take just about anything into consideration. Only part that won't be 60ish will be the entertainment centre. This will be a project of todays future technology.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just another update. Jim at SimpsonDesign is currently drawing up an ideal for the car. which will get posted as soon and I get it.

As many of you probably are thinking, there will be parts for sale. but until I get the access I won't be able to post them just yet. Hopefully I'll have access by the time I get the car down to Jim.

Plan for this build is:
1. Body Design
2. Drive it down to MonsterMiata for Engine swap
3. Pick it up and drive back to Canada

In between work I imagine Jim and Martin willl be wanting to show off the car at a few shows. So i'll keep you posted if it be at any events.

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
cliffs so far:

- 2000 miata
- 60's muscle car design influence
- entertainment center (today's future technology)

what is this i dont even

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
nope. interested in seeing where this goes, but i dont even

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
i like the ecoboost idea. the thought of "60's musclecar styling" has me envisioning the horrible mustang lookalike built on a miata base, or maybe those cheesy corvette side scoops they put on m.net cars though. no idea how you'd incorporate modern futuristic entertainment centers into that package as well, but i'm down to follow your progress and see how it comes together.

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Okay so removing the epic and other misconceptions. knowing what Jim puts out, you know it'll hold true to the americana muscle car look. It'll be a fastback, it won't be anything like a Chevy. As for the entertainment. I'm looking to install a mount for a 8.0" Samsung Tablet. This gives me not only the music, but has a great app for watching engine information I might not have gauges for, it also takes down track data as well. TORQUE Engine Management Diagnostics and Tools

·
Banned
60 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Quick Update. Jim's been busy with his current project and just hasn't had time to draw up an ideal.
No reply from Ford Racing as to a EcoBoost release, might have to pick up a used one.
Correction on the Samsung tablet it'll be a 8.9 LTE (since it comes in a horizontal setup)

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
bump for updates.

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
bu bu bu bump for this ambitious project. how's it working out?

·
Registered
744 Posts
Any classic.muscle car would not use a v6 and def a turbo v6 more like a large v8 but.I'm def.curious to see how this will turn out the ford ecoboost are dooooope

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
bump, been about a month. any updates?

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
bumping... abandoned the project? jim at simpson design still working on the body?

·
life is bitch!
2,302 Posts
bump again, i say! a build of this magnitude simply cannot be ignored!

1 - 20 of 25 Posts