ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

here are some pics of the fog lights my miata got :) they freakin' rule at lighting things up!!

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
haha I have mine mounted now but not wired up, and now its sucks getting out of work and its dark outside so hopefully it will stop raining by this weekend.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Can anyone post up some pictures of what these rectangular fogs look like in the day? I had been thinking of adding a set to my NA, but had feared that anything but small round fogs would throw off the looks of the car.

Also, can one of you guys post a pic or two showing how/where you actually mounted the lights?

Thanks.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
here are some pics of mine installed.

some pics of where I mounted them..it was easy to just mount them here, but it turns out that piece of metal is rather thin, the lights jiggle around a little when I hit bumps in the road.

·
Esteemed Member
3,785 Posts
I still havent made up my mind if I like foglights on miatas or not, those yellow ones on boogie vans look pretty sweet though, reminds me of the ae86 off of Initial D

·
Registered
117 Posts
BoogieVan,
Thanks for the pictures, the jiggling of the lights was one of the things I was concerned about with mounting. My old Datsun did that when I mounted the fogs and I wanted to avoid that on the Mazda.

On a side note, the yellow turn signals: laminex or painted?

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
laminex.

If you look right in front of where the lights are mounted, there are 2 holes in the black plastic there. This would have been a much better place to mount them, in terms of a real solid mounting point, but I didnt like it for two reasons.

the holes were too far forward, IMO, and they were closer together. At first I thought that the lights were too close to eachother as they sit now, but Im ok with them now, it will give me the needed room for a sidemount license plate. If I mounted them on the front pair of holes, the lights would practically be touching. eww.

I havent poked around under there and tried to think up another way to mount them yet. I suppose I could drill some holes in that black plastic...I still have to install my radiator air guide so Ill see what Im working with after that.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
lol. Boogies looks like it lost it's baby teeth and grew in a set of adult teeth.

Debating what fogs to run myself now. Are those the Walmart yellow tractor lights? Or are they something else?

·
Registered
265 Posts
This thread is 2 years old...
I personally can't stand square fogs. They look like buck teeth. The miata already has a lot going against it with the headlights up...

Plus real fogs are illegal to use on roads in some states.

If anything I think small round driving lights (instead of fogs) would be better.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
This thread is 2 years old...
I personally can't stand square fogs. They look like buck teeth. The miata already has a lot going against it with the headlights up...

Plus real fogs are illegal to use on roads in some states.

If anything I think small round driving lights (instead of fogs) would be better.

thats your personal opinion and no one cares what you think about square fog lights :3

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
Sorry to bump an old thread, was searching "foglights"

·
Registered
1,567 Posts
my car came with some PIAA 959s which everyone used to rock back in the days here in socal... they didn't really do **** since it rarely ever gets foggy here so i pulled them off.. car looks cleaner without imo

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
^Happen to still have em in the garage?

G

·
0 Posts
mmm fog lights

Count me in. i need some fog lights pretty bad. couple of questions.... Whats the price on these going to be? and are the led projectors pretty easy to change out our self to something else? i really want a 3000k light.Cant wait to get some fog on my car it needs them bad.

·
Premium Member
2,938 Posts
threw some $15 Walmart "driving lights" to use as DRL's

USELESS for ME to see at night, but, PERFECT to be used in the daytime/dawn/dusk before headlights are useful

1 - 20 of 27 Posts