ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 145 Posts

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone. I am a new Sponsor here. I started out on the S2000 forum S2KI as a sponsor as I currently drive an S2000.

I started out making 2" Stainless Steel Shift Knobs for the Honda S2000 community and became a HUGE hit. I have now sold hundreds and hundreds of these to all different cars.
These weigh in right around 1 lb!! The added weight really helps with a smooth shifting feel and the countersunk height of this allows for shorter throws.

Can read feedback and info on my huge 25 page thread on shift knobs on s2ki.com
http://www.s2ki.com/forums/index.php...f=187&t=751295

I am also now a sponsor on Miata.net, S2KI.com and S2KCA.com

For ordering please visit my website.

When checking out use coupon code Miata to receive $5 off any shift knob order!!

My website is https://moddiction.com

I also have 2.5" 303 stainless steel shift lever extenders coming out shortly as well. Pricing should be right around $29.99 for those. Stay tuned for those.

I have a few friends with Miata's and gave them one of the Shift Knobs and they loved them so thought I would join here and see if you all would be interested.

I have Brushed finish IN STOCK. Gloss Black and Textured Black will be in stock by the end of the week but can place orders now to ensure you get one from this next batch.

These shift knobs are height adjustable so you can install them to be fully countersunk or raise them up higher if desired. Allows them to sit low and have engraving centered as well with no lock nuts showing.

I offer these in a Brushed Stainless Steel Finish

Gloss Black

Textured Black

And engraved finishes. Shifts patterns for Miata's should be coming soon. Shown for example only.

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
The shift pattern for the miata is the exact same. Well for the 6 speeds. The threading is the same as the s2k? I like these over the voodoo.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Oh really? I was told by a member on Miata.net that the 6 speed shift pattern was not correct for the 6 speeds. Thanks for letting me know!

As for the threading no the threading is different 10x1.25 for Mazda's and 10x1.5 for Honda's.
These have an insert installed into them depending on which car it is for. So can fit any car depending on the insert I install into it.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They can heat up as any all metal shift knob will but I lived in FL with this and never had mine get hot. Maybe cause I mostly parked in the shade or idk but I never personally had an issue with. I think since I usually have the top down it doesn't get to bake as much but some people have put little socks over it when parking in the sun to make sure it wouldn't get hot.

·
Registered
124 Posts
engrave the textured black with a 5 speed pattern while still remaining the same price and i'm going to have to buy myself a christmas present

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Unfortunately the engraving right now is just for the brushed finish. I could possibly engrave the textured finish but could not color it in and not sure how the engraving would look once they are coated.
The engraving does add cost however since laser engraving this deep is not very cheap.

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Hmmm... engraved with no color and polished... I may have to get myself an early xmas gift as well.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I haven't done a fully polished but they do get very shiny with the Brushed finish I offer.
Do you have the 6 speed as shown?

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
Yes the mazdaspeed miata has a 6 speed in it. Same shift pattern as the s2k. Some newer naturally aspirated miatas like the LS come with 6 speeds as well. And I think the newer NC models have a 6 in them. Not to sure though.

Dunno how well you can see but yea.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok cool. Yeah I am sending out a batch to be engraved early this week. So will have some in stock shortly!

·
Banned
478 Posts
yeah, the engraved is where it's at boys. otherwise I just see a voodoo knob.

let me ask though, why are some of you getting christmas gifts in september? :mrgreen:

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It's always Christmas time at moddiction haha. But yeah the engraved is definitely my favorite. I have the red engraved in my car and love it.

·
Herpity Derpity
1,867 Posts
yeah, the engraved is where it's at boys. otherwise I just see a voodoo knob.

let me ask though, why are some of you getting christmas gifts in september? :mrgreen:
YOU have an issue with Christmas in September!? :p

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Ryan, these are absolutely beautiful!

Glad to have you aboard!

Best of luck to you!

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
You mean a powder coated finish for one of the shift knobs? Or just powder coating in general? I don't currently offer any powder coating services. I might eventually but not as of now.

·
Banned
224 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Ok I will post up info for a 5 speed shift pattern group buy or interest shortly. If there is a good amount of interest I will get a batch done in the 5 speed engraving.

1 - 20 of 145 Posts