ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 436 Posts

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've been meaning to post this thread for a while. I wanted a single place to post some of the more crazy custom orders I've received.

Sorry if some of this is old to you. I'm just putting all of it in here.

This was a modified set of Revolver gauges. The tach and speedo were rotated to 6 o'clock and the tach was ordered in yellow. I'd never done anything like this before and had no idea how they'd come out. this is the result. They later were the inspiration for my Version Sunstorm gauges.

They were ordered with white lighting and amber bulb covers, so I lit them up that way.

And I had to see what they'd look like with LEDs. OMG! I love this! BTW, the yellow you see on the tach face is reflected light from the needle. It pours out everywhere.

Not sure if folks realize this is possible. This is a set of Version Stirling ordered with blue lighting and white text lighting. Oh, and a red redline. Any element can be lit in any color.

Version F1 in a bright blue and metric readings.

And some Warbirds in safety orange. This one took a lot of work getting the orange color right. Getting something that was both bright orange and yet not too washed out. It looks rather multi-colored in these pix. The hue seems to shift a bit at every angle.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
GT-40 in "light sea foam." This was done to match a watch face color. I was unsure of how it would turn out, really. The result was pretty damn good.

And they light up in green.

Blood-red Warbirds - Just Warbird gauges in red. No other mods. This is what I came up with.

1002s in BRG - and a lot of mods to make them more simplistic and minimal.

OEM-green lighting with factory bulbs.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Warbird at Tiffany's - This was an order for a stock set of Warbirds with only one change - do the tach in Tiffany blue. After getting the color right, I was asked to do the logo on the tach. It really finishes off the look nicely.

I shipped these yesterday. I can't believe how cool they turned out. I have the best customers in the world. I'd never have come up with this on my own.

Lighting was done in white to leave bulb options open. I tried white LEDs. They didn't look as cool as THIS. This is just OEM bulbs with blue condoms installed. It's kinda more teal in person. A lovely color for this gauge set. The condoms shipped with the gauges.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
^ one of the first color sets I ever made. Thanks for posting the pix. They look fantastic in the KG panel!

BTW, I've not forgotten. Any time you want to take advantage of my offer just let me know.

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
Just amazing! PM'd you some questions Adam.

1 - 20 of 436 Posts