ClubRoadster.net banner

41 - 60 of 436 Posts

·
BaByGuRL!!!
5,494 Posts
:bouncin:

The pics he sent were just cellphone pics but jeez they are beautiful. I'll leave it to him post the professional pics in his thread. I can't wait to get my hands on them!

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #43
:bouncin:

The pics he sent were just cellphone pics but jeez they are beautiful. I'll leave it to him post the professional pics in his thread. I can't wait to get my hands on them!

Warbird Sunk My Battleship - Some battleship grey Warbirds for jdm slick. :) Took a half dozen versions to get this right. Getting to have black, white, and grey elements on the same set of gauges is pretty sweet. I've always liked those three together.

Battleship grey has a lot of green in it. And there's a lot of different colors that all claim to be battleship grey. I went for one that had good contrast with both black and white but is not too dark in the cluster. I think these turned out great.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
For some reason I can't bring myself to like the grey gauges. Might be a little too much green for my tastes, but they aren't my gauges so I can't say much :p

I'm sure they look better in person though.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #49
^ They look a lot more green on my phone than on the computers in my office (3 of them, lol) or in real life. But they do have some green in them.

One more colored Warbird. This one had the color applied to the scale rather than to the face. Very cool idea! It makes them look a lot more modern.

·
Supporting Member
2,299 Posts
^Those are MY gauges. :) I received them today.

The quality of product and service from Adam (revlimiter) are unparalleled. I first contacted him with my order last Wednesday. 5 days later and the custom-tailored product is in my hands. That's awesome, but what makes it even more incredible is that the first set he made me were eaten by his cutter. He had to make a second set and I'm certain he burned the midnight oil getting them made. All the while, he kept me in the loop. I think I received an average of 2-3 emails per day letting me know what was up. I couldn't be happier.

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #52
^ Yes sir! After the robot ate the first set of gauges, I put out a 2nd set immediately. Didn't want to lose too much time to an error. And 2 eaten gauge sets in 6 months isn't too horrible. I won't disintegrate the cutter just yet. :)

The green should look quite nice with your 94M. There's a lot of green in montego paint. I think it'll complement things quite nicely.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
On you orders do you supply a option to by led bulbs?
No he doesn't. There are a few sites out there where you can buy LED bulbs for a decent price. IIRC he's listed a couple sites in his various gauges threads.

·
Big Pimpin'
8,505 Posts
I wanna say you need 4 bulbs for the cluster.

·
Registered
1,579 Posts
I am always blown away at how you continue to 1-up yourself and push the envelope, Adam. Browsing this thread is like visiting an art museum for me. Major props to you and to all the others who have helped stimulate/contribute to your artistic visions!

·
Registered
3,194 Posts
Another important thing to note:

I have owned Revlimiter gauges since 2010. My first set was a custom set of F1 gauges in blue and yellow. At the time these were the tits. After a year or two in the hot and humid south, I started to notice some things going on with my gauges. They started getting a little wavy, and not looking as beautiful as they once were. I dealt with it, as they were still nice.I talked to Adam, and we made plans to make a new set, once I found "the ones".

During that time, Revlimiter's method of production changed drastically. The old gauges were photopaper with a plastic backing. They were quite thin but they worked well. He eventually moved to a new system, which makes the gauges out of a nice thick plastic. The texture is nice, and less glossy than the old style, and makes them feel like a true OEM gauge. A complete and total upgrade from his original method.

Once he released the Warbird gauges, I knew they were the ones. I ordered them in a flatter/darker blue than my original set, and Adam totally delivered. These go so well with my 10ae blue carpet. I could not be happier!

I also bought the Warbird HVAC panel to replace the tired, cracked panel. this was made with the same care and quality as the gauges, and really gives the car a beautiful feel.

Old set:

New set:

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #60
CXmoney ordered some new gauges to replace his old Stirlings. He wanted something a little customized for his beloved Pandora. The logo and girl were his idea. Mine was to rotate the gauges to 9 o'clock. I love how that looks. I've never done a set with this rotation before. Think I'm gonna have to do a full design later.

Purple lighting for Pandora.

41 - 60 of 436 Posts