ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought this from another member, it was never installed and still in the packaging. I don't have the Momo brackets or any hardware with it. I looked up some information on this and judging from there being no mounting points on the underside, I am sure it's a side mount version of this seat (it was assembled in Feb 2011 says the label on the seat).

Are the 2 plastic pieces below that look like they hold the fabric in place just plugs for where the mounting points are? I pulled on them a bit but I didn't want to break them or rip the fabric, so I figured I would ask on here first since I've searched and saw others that have this seat. Also if you do have or have had this seat, do you happen to know what size bolts I'll need to save me the hassle of figuring it out? Thanks!

Side:

Underside:

·
Registered
52 Posts
The newer version is side mount I believe and the older version was bottom mount. If yours is a bottom mount look under the fabric in the corners.

·
Official Armchair Racer
14,399 Posts
Hmm it was designated as a Start 2007 in the forum thread I was lurking through. I don't know much about these seats. My friend Josh has them. Not sure how old or new his are. PM "Curly" for questions.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hmm it was designated as a Start 2007 in the forum thread I was lurking through. I don't know much about these seats. My friend Josh has them. Not sure how old or new his are. PM "Curly" for questions.
I think they are all called 'Start 2007' even the current version you can buy today. I believe it was released in 2007 and that's where the model name comes from.

Thanks for the help.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Ok so today I noticed the plastic caps had push pins in the center. Pushed them through with a small punch and the cap/plug falls right out revealing the threads.

For reference, the thread pattern and bolt size match the bolts that hold the OE seat to the OE rails.

·
Registered
82 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
Ok so today I noticed the plastic caps had push pins in the center. Pushed them through with a small punch and the cap/plug falls right out revealing the threads.

For reference, the thread pattern and bolt size match the bolts that hold the OE seat to the OE rails.
So I managed to mount the seat decently low with only $32 worth of hardware. It seems very snug.

Anyhow, this particular seat requires 8mm x 1.25 bolts. No longer than 20mm.

Also, I weighed the seat with my brackets, hardware, and the OE rails fastened up and it is 26.8 lbs.. For reference, my stock seat without the rails bolted to it is 26.6 lbs.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts