ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've always liked the single-wiper look since it reminds me of Touring Cars, but where are these coming from?

Anyone seen the mod for miatas? There's a mod for Hondas that startes the wiper in the center position and sweeps to the left, to the right, and center, but the mod doesn't work on mazdas. Any ideas?

·
Registered
692 Posts
and if you got a "jdm" one off a rhd you'd be stuck, notice how they'd sit in fron tof your face.. maybe someone made em for lhd's?

·
Whiskey makes me Frisky
4,545 Posts
Undo the nuts that hold the wipers on, remove the drivers side and then take off the passengers then reset the angle, tighten the nut and test the sweep of it. thats how I did it on my old CRX.

Side note that the wiper motor might get strained from one wiper pushing what two are ment to.

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Undo the nuts that hold the wipers on, remove the drivers side and then take off the passengers then reset the angle, tighten the nut and test the sweep of it. thats how I did it on my old CRX.

Side note that the wiper motor might get strained from one wiper pushing what two are ment to.

Thats exactly what i did, but i want it to sweep more. Those "jdm" ones that are offset look like they sweep more.

[/img]

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Let's get this Party started rrrright..... Let's get this party started, quickly alright... Set it off on the left, start it, Set it off on the right, start it...set set set set it off

·
Banned
8,938 Posts
Dude, how you gonna have a party and not invite the Club Roadster crew??? What up wit dat bro!!!

As for the Roadster single wipers, the RHD versions might not work on our LHD cars, i think Bill Wilner or MR. Woolery tried it on our cars to no avail. Also, did anyone notice the little helper bracket arm that they have on the single wiper conversions? wondering about that myself.

Phatty

·
1,213 Posts
the wiper is question is made by Pit Cre racing and will not work on your LHD cars over the pond !!!

the bracket is completely cosmetic and as such does not pivot at the joints like on factory fit single wipers

they are made from old toyota arms and don't even fit the splined tiper spindle properly, you also only get half of your screen cleaned so I wouldn't bother unless you are really set on the cosmetics ...

·
Registered
465 Posts
mines mono like that too although it was like that before i bought the car, was one of two exterior mods i didnt do, other being rims. i like the look and it works well, i do feel sorry for my passengers though since my license plate and window wiper are like right in their face lol.

·
Registered
460 Posts
I got the actual pivot arm from r-speed a year or so ago. The package was "JDM" and a bunch of japanese writing. It gives the wiper about a 160 degree sweep, and you can set it to sit anywhere. Mine sits real low in front of the driver. I'm using a straightened vw rabbit wiper arm with (I think) a 21" blade. Works fine for me all year round!

edit: found a crappy pic of my car

M

·
0 Posts
...I think Bill Wilner or MR. Woolery tried it on our cars to no avail...
It was I!

I wasted a couple hundred on the Pit Crew arm thinking I could mod it for LHD, but couldn't get it to work. I sold mine at a loss to some guy across the pond who wears a kilt.

:wink:

This mod is inching its way up on my "new products to-do list." If anyone's noticed me buying up wiper arms on eBay, this is what they're for...

:mrgreen:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts