ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
176 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking into intake systems for my 94 and the Monster Flow is the one that really catched my attention. 10hp per goodwin racing, but do any of you guys have it?

I think I was looking around Metro Motorsports also and saw that they will soon be having a 94 RSPEED intake which looks exactly the same as the monster flow sold by goodwin. Does anyone know anything about that? hp gains similar or is it the same product different label?

I'm really only interested in the intakes that use the plastic intake pipe like the old ICEMAN Intakes that worked very well.

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
197 Posts
ICEMAN doesn't make intakes anymore?

I guess it would help if I paid attention, but I thought he was selling well. He's local to me.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,130 Posts
Two suggestions:

1.) Buy a Randall intake from Flyin Miata
2.) Make your own by cutting the necessary hole in your firewall and running ShopVac-type hose up to your stock airbox

Otherwise, forget about it.

·
Registered
692 Posts
i dont know much except my stepdad had a monsterflow on his 94 before he went turbo. he was very impressed with. i run an arc intake chamber to arc air box, which works great but i wouldnt pay full price for it.

·
Mufasa in Training
31,130 Posts
Bryan: I think we're discussing a different intake. I'm not looking into anything that cuts into my firewall.

I'm looking into this one
http://www.good-win-racing.com/mazda/miata/17-1001.html
I know exactly what you're talking about, and I am saying either buy a Randall or save your money. I just don't see an open cone filter and crossover tube giving any more horsepower than any other intake of its kind. For one thing, you're taking out the Heimholz chamber, which has been proven to cut out part of your midrange torque, which is what you'd really feel (unless you drive around at 6k or higher all the time).

1 - 8 of 8 Posts