ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
692 Posts
well at least i have someone to root for if i happen to be too ill to change the channel when nascar is on.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
Damn surreal. He did manage to put up good times in the Nascar that time he and Jeff Gordon traded cars.

I'm not exactly sad to see him gone. He was never a consistent performer in F1.

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
yeah i remember in road and track that when they switched cars he would have qualified for the daytona 500
Hah, are you surprised?

I don't know why anyone in their right mind would switch from F1 to NASCAR, unless there's more money to be had. I just think, anyone that's done any roadcourse racing would be drop-dead bored driving circle track, I know I would be.

<--Falls asleep at 21 yellow flag short track event...

·
Mufasa in Training
31,198 Posts
I hope it works for him, but I'd have rather seen Monty go to ALMS or something like that if he was going to come back to these shores...

·
Esteemed Member
4,380 Posts
Hah, are you surprised?

I don't know why anyone in their right mind would switch from F1 to NASCAR, unless there's more money to be had. I just think, anyone that's done any roadcourse racing would be drop-dead bored driving circle track, I know I would be.

<--Falls asleep at 21 yellow flag short track event...
He hasn't had the greatest of seasons, competiting with the likes of Schumacher, Alonso, Raikkoden, and not even finishing races could be factors.

As much as I don't appericate NASCAR like I do F1, I'm sure there's a "new high" factor for switching. Its coming completely different from what Montoya has been doing all his life (open wheel cars). And as others have mentioned, money could also be a huge potential factor.

Oh another F1 note, turn 1 on the US Grand Prix was an absolute mess! Anyone know what the Stewards' investivation turned up?

·
Registered
101 Posts
I'm sorry but I had to flame....I was the biggest JPM fan for the longest time. First with Williams (my former fav team) and then Mclaren.

When he first went to F1, everybody was branding him the next Michael Schumacher. Even Schumy himself admitted that JPM reminded him when he was young. Aside from the first two seasons, he didn't really achive anything aftewards.
The only reason I can think of going to NASCAR is that he'll never win a driver title in F1.

Its pretty obvious that the torch has passed to the likes of Alonso and Raikonnen. This is good for F1 racing. For awhile Ferrari and Schumy dominated F1 and it was boring as hell to watch.

Sato sucks. Good riddance

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Sato sucks, same goes for Speed, way to rep USA :lol:

Granted, JP might not have been the best, but he still managed to pilot F1 for quite some time, which is one hell of an achievement. F1 pretty much always has been, and to some extent, still is the pinnacle of racing. Period. Why any F1 driver would stoop to the, in my opinion, lowest level of racing (albeit not the one with the least money, that's for sure!) is beyond me.

·
Registered
692 Posts
-yah i wanted to be a sato fan, i really did but he's always taking himself or someone else out of the race... he just gets in way over his head, not one for forethought...

·
Mufasa in Training
31,198 Posts
I'm sorry but I had to flame....I was the biggest JPM fan for the longest time. First with Williams (my former fav team) and then Mclaren.

When he first went to F1, everybody was branding him the next Michael Schumacher. Even Schumy himself admitted that JPM reminded him when he was young. Aside from the first two seasons, he didn't really achive anything aftewards.
The only reason I can think of going to NASCAR is that he'll never win a driver title in F1.
I was a big Monty fan, too. I'm really disappointed with how things have turned out.

Now who the heck am I gonna root for? Is Jenson Button still around?

·
Registered
519 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Alonso has an extremely good chance of winning again, but i'm a big Raikkonen and Button fan.

Ide, Sato and the Super Aguri team is an embarrasment and not one of Japan's proudest moments.

Scott speed was the one who won the Redbull Driver search right ? I think he's from Norcal.

JPM has anger issues.. ever see him flip out at the press?

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sato sucks, same goes for Speed, way to rep USA :lol:

Granted, JP might not have been the best, but he still managed to pilot F1 for quite some time, which is one hell of an achievement. F1 pretty much always has been, and to some extent, still is the pinnacle of racing. Period. Why any F1 driver would stoop to the, in my opinion, lowest level of racing (albeit not the one with the least money, that's for sure!) is beyond me.
I agree, Sato should not be in F1. Honda is wasting their money and resources on him and his Super Best Friends team. As for Speed, I am kind of disappointed. I grew up racing karts with him and I know he is an amazingly talented driver. I'd like to see him drive the A-team Red bull car to see what the difference is between the chassis and the Ferrari V8 and the Cosworth V10. I'd also like to see him stop talking up the race to SPEED befroe it starts, he knows that drivers believe that doing that will "jinx" the race for them. Just my $.02

·
Registered
149 Posts
I think the "international light" he's going to shed on the sport is going to be embarrasing for America. Haha

Yeah that's my carberateur.

That little switch thing w/ Jeff Gordon and Juan Pablo was sooo funny. Montoya Pw3nd Gordon in his own car.

1 - 20 of 27 Posts