ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I felt my already detailed engine bay which I am very proud of not only cus it has TURRRBBBBBOOOOOOO needed some more oooooomph.

I have been thinking of doing mirrors/chrome plates for a while but never got around to doing the investigation into wats involved.

I think you'll agree the effect is quite dramatic. :lol:

Firstly, I added some more detailing to the engine bay to break up the blue and chrome by adding Red anodised bits such strut covers, red anodised bolts and red anodised hose finishers.

Its all about the detail:

Heres some pic sof the mirrors:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Very nice. I hope those mirrors don't crack or else it'll be 7 years of bad luck! I presume it isn't a daily driver anymore? Seriously it's one of the most bling Roadster engine bays ever. The fact that it's turbocharged increases both the difficulty level and the bling factor. Must be hard to work on without damaging anything.

I like the splashes of red you've added. I think next you've got to polish the thermostat housing, have a custom lower timing belt cover milled out of aluminum and polished, and install an aluminum radiator with polished end tanks. Is it possible to make a custom polished bracket to hold your manual boost controller so that it isn't zip tied in place?

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Nicely done, very clean, although not my style. What you might want to do is try and tidy up the engine bay some more...you have vacuum lines and whatnot going everywhere! Tuck some of that stuff away, reroute some lines and wires so that you don't see them, it'll make your engine bay look even cleaner.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts