ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
uhh yeah

-autopower cage put in
-175/50/15s in the front (i had to use the cheeta)
-hardtop doesnt fit with latches, so i got the mounting plates too
-oh and i have an exhaust leak, and messed up front mudflaps from scraping everywhere

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
cage looks great on there, do you think intake temps are hot, due to the location being so close to exhaust?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Crap that car is low!!!!!! It makes my car look like a 4x4, and I scrape a lot. It looks awsome!

I do have a question about the cage. Do you drive the car on the street often? How is your head clearance from the bars? I have been thinking about a full cage, but I love driving the car on the street as well as the track.

·
Supporting Member
2,723 Posts
You have to trim the mudflaps. In fact the front mudflaps will touch the ground on hard conering even on a stock car!
clean car though- love the cage

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
cage looks great on there, do you think intake temps are hot, due to the location being so close to exhaust?

-not really it was alot better than where it use to be. cause before i put in that pipe i just put the filter at the end of the afm sitting behind the radiator. now the intake leads all the way down to the steering rack. and its not really as close to the headers as it seems. and besides, heat rises anyways

-yea garrett, im thinking the same too, but then im just waiting till i get some ends cause i need some drivetrain items, and later on and have my importer get me a full kit. so it'd be a waste to get a lip for now.

·
RDR
4,252 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Crap that car is low!!!!!! It makes my car look like a 4x4, and I scrape a lot. It looks awsome!

I do have a question about the cage. Do you drive the car on the street often? How is your head clearance from the bars? I have been thinking about a full cage, but I love driving the car on the street as well as the track.

-the car is my daily driver when i dont have the Xb. of course running a full cage does have its perks, you get crazy stares from other drivers but then theres a few things i had to sacrifice.
-door handles.
-passenger seat travel (who cares).
-and soft top use (doesnt come all the way up) and the latches for HT dont work either

im not that tall (cause im asian) i think 5/7 or 8 and im not that wide either, and i run a pretty small bucket seat and it sits lower than stock of course, but theres only like 3 or 4 clicks of travel with my seat, but luckily its where i feel comfortable.

i need a new clutch first before i take it to the track, but i've worn the helmet in the car. and it sorta rests on the overhead bar to the left.
but of all seriousness if you really want to run a full cage in such a small car, it really depends on driver size, unless you have the $$$$$ you can do pretty much anything

and if you get claustraphobic(sp?) i prob wouldn't recommend it

1 - 20 of 28 Posts