ClubRoadster.net banner

More retro goodness

3K views 28 replies 22 participants last post by  Bryan 
#1 ·
Front end features the Zoom Elan nose. The headlights appear to be custom? They remind me of a Jensen-Healey or Studebaker Avanti. If they had a nice, curved Perspex cover they might look more like Jaguar E-Type S1. Wheels are Super Fins?

See less See more
#5 ·
That looks great, wonder what the rear bumper looks like? The Datsun headlights are awesome!

#6 ·
Isint that the original Pitcrew treatment? Or maybe it is something older than Pitcrew - I am speaking of the work above the Zoom nose...I recall seeing this one in a old R&S - Pitcrew had this nose treatment waaaay back when they first launched - even had the stainless bezels around the headlamp lexan covers.

#7 ·
E-type lights there, the Jag was first (only covered). It is like saying Rota RBs are Panasport copies whereas the Pannys are MiniLite copies. The Japanese copy European cars not other Japanese cars.

#14 ·
Isint that the original Pitcrew treatment? Or maybe it is something older than Pitcrew - I am speaking of the work above the Zoom nose...I recall seeing this one in a old R&S - Pitcrew had this nose treatment waaaay back when they first launched - even had the stainless bezels around the headlamp lexan covers.
I think you are correct Peter ... I spoke to Koga-san a while back and he mentioned to me that Pit Crew originally modified his bumper before the current type of PCR nose treatments :lol:

#15 ·
The light buckets probably ARE 240/260/280Z. I am saying the Japenese copied the lights from the E-Type.
ZZZZZZZZZZzzzzzz

its a post with a miata with 240z headlights and your hung on that...

looks awesome. would look even better with the clear guards on.

the hood vents look like the early celica vents, I dont know if they are functional or just cosmetic on the celica

#17 ·
:shock:

That looks GREAT. I'd love to see that come over here as a kit.

#20 ·
i think all these conversion need to stop..

only pitcrew style is acceptable.

the end.
i respectfully disagree. its a tasteful conversion that looks good.

perhaps not as good as pit crew I will give you that.

and kabel dont even bring up z3 conversions in this thread. every one I have seen is ill fitting, poorly proportioned, and in general just looks terrible and cheap. it screams of ebay quality.

IMO.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.