ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,586 Posts
Those lids are OEM pieces made by I.L. motorsports I was comtemplating on buying both passenger and driver's from the I.L. motorsport site for my Na. pparentely I.L. is selling some parts or may say the way other around, Moss is selling i.L. motorsport parts now. Check the Cobra sliding mirror kit.

·
Supporting Member
830 Posts
Didn't Stillen offer somehting similar to the moss unit years ago?
Kind of reminds me of the louvered hoods you see on chop top Mercs, etc....

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Didn't Stillen offer somehting similar to the moss unit years ago?
Kind of reminds me of the louvered hoods you see on chop top Mercs, etc....
Actually, it was Rod Millen.

I have a louvered headlight lid on my car and also the original headlight cover in the Rod Millen box.

Attachments

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The vents on the Moss lid ARE correctly open facing forward to ram cool air into the intake behind the headlight.

If you were putting vents in the top of the hood as in the pictured blue car, you would want the openings facing the driver to allow heat to rise and exit.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Exactly.

The louvers on the headlight lid are configured to let air in to the cold air box for the JRSC I have right behind the headlight.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I really want a Headlight "intake" but I don't like the Moss one. I'm looking for one like this, which i believe i found here in Clubroadster.net's gallery. RS Aizawa?

For the time being I think DIY sleepy eyes will do the trick, but I would def. like to make this mod in the near future.

·
3,857 Posts
Below you can see my first headlight lid from IL Motorsport...unfortunately it flew away at while I was doing 100mph :roll:
You can also see my own design duct - basically it's the biggest NACA duct it can fit in the miata headlight lid!

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts
The vents on the Moss lid ARE correctly open facing forward to ram cool air into the intake behind the headlight.

If you were putting vents in the top of the hood as in the pictured blue car, you would want the openings facing the driver to allow heat to rise and exit.
But it's not true to form :(

·
Registered
239 Posts

these air ducts are one of the most efficient designs out there. if anyone has ever tried to paint them with any kind of spray, you'll find its really hard to paint the reccessed area of the duct. i'm not exactly sure, but i think it creates a vortex, and sucks the air right through it.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts