ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
CR.net Supporter
1,390 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I haven't been able to get a difinitive and figure'd i'd start a thread for your experts.

What is the most aggresive width/offset/tire size you can get on an NA without rolling the fenders or stretching the tires? Obviously there are other variables to be considered, but I hope this could start a decent discussion

Let's start with 15X7 for the sake of a base point, decent width, decent wheel size.

What's the most lip you can add w/o rolling fenders, using flares or stretching tires?

·
Registered
261 Posts
15x8 0 offset sportmaxes here running 205/50/15s, no rub and the minimal stretch looks good. my next tire will probably be a 225/40/15 there will be no stretch plus the added sidewall from the width is negated by the lower series
you wont need to modify at stock ride height or if you have coilovers, i was set too low from running stockers that i had to raise back up when i got the new wheels

·
Registered
464 Posts
I have no idea how that would fit either. Everyone I've seen with <+10 is seriously rolled on a 195 tire.

From what I've seen and measured, 8J, +35 to +38ET, with a wide 225 tire is about what you can fit with no mods and a good amount of lowering (i.e. 12.5-13") and <2' camber.

If you're going 15x7 when you'd probably stick with a 205 tire. I'd guess you could run +25 to +30 ok with that. Depends on the tire. That's a whopping 2-2.5" lip.

·
Registered
459 Posts
i'm running 15x6.5 with 205/50 front and 195/60 rear with +10 offset. and as is it would rub at front when i do lower it. the front sticks out bout 10mm.
hmmm. nothing i can do, but i do have a bat and heat gun ready when fender rolling time comes. i hope my setup can give an idea in your research, since you're goin for 15x7s.

·
Registered
499 Posts
15x8 0 offset sportmaxes here running 205/50/15s, no rub and the minimal stretch looks good. my next tire will probably be a 225/40/15 there will be no stretch plus the added sidewall from the width is negated by the lower series
you wont need to modify at stock ride height or if you have coilovers, i was set too low from running stockers that i had to raise back up when i got the new wheels
post some pics of your car please, i wanna see the 205/50's on a +0. are you slammed too???

·
CR.net Supporter
301 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:37 pm]why go through all this trouble and not roll your fenders?
don't wanna damage the paint.

·
3,857 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Mon Sep 11, 2006 10:24 am]not sure how you could run 225s on 15x8s with a zero offset without stretching the fenders or adding flares.

Who makes a 225/40/15? I'm not aware of any...
+1
Below you can find photos of 205/5015 ET0 on my miata (with a lot of negative camber) and rolled fenders.
http://bluelaguna94.myphotoalbum.com/view_photo.php?set_albumName=album44&id=DSC04470
as you can see I couldn't even fit 205/50 with rolled fenders... so I would say no way for 225/40...
I believe that even for 195/45/15 you need rolled fenders.

·
3,857 Posts
Heres some pics of my NA with rolled fenders and SM 002 15x8 0 et Tires are 205/50/15. No rubbing. Suspension is FM springs F/R and KYB AGX.
How is possible not to rub? :p
Are the wheels straight or there are turned (left/right) creatign an illusion of how much these tires stick out :mrgreen:

·
woah
6,858 Posts
Matt [exz3owner said:
@ Mon Sep 11, 2006 12:37 pm]why go through all this trouble and not roll your fenders?
don't wanna damage the paint.
u'll damage more than paint if u dont roll though... it'll pull the fender lip out and make everything worse. rolling fenders not only allows more clearance, it also makes the fenders stronger. if i wasnt lazy enough i can take pictures of the roll kyle did for me. no chips what so ever

·
Supporting Member
612 Posts
15x8 with a 0 offset has a front spacing of 4" (hub to fender)

I have ran 17x9 with a +35 offset before which is about the most agressive you want to get backspacing. Would be the same on emilo's 15x9's. Which is a backspacing of 6".

So you could technically run a ??x10 with a 49mm and it would fit clost inside and out with rolling the fenders and a very light pull if any. Safer setup would be a ??x9.5 with a 38mm offset.

1 - 20 of 42 Posts