ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 195 Posts

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Got my wheels in xxr 531 15x8 0 offset with 195/50/15s

It takes about 10 minutes to pop that dent out of the nose without altering the paint. 2 person job. Just take a heat gun and warm the area well. Press down on the top (above and slightly toward the windshield) and up from underneath and continue to maintain a nice heat. Turn the gun off and allow to cool while still holding the bumper in place. Dent gone. I just did this exact same dent pull with my son's car. Looks perfect.

· Registered
3,011 Posts
This will prob get hated on pretty hard but i had my rack laying around so i threw it on... and i know i need wheels very badly.

IMG_0367 by You said wut?, on Flickr
I think it looks sweet! I even like the 7spokes on your car; actually, they've really started growing on me... I bet in another decade a whole bunch of folks will be scrambling for these wheels as ultra JDM. That's usually what happens. Original steel rally wheels with the center caps for the old Chevy cars are a premium right now because everyone pitched them in favor of Craiger SS's or slot mags.

I thought you had the top rack mounted to a hardtop at first, then I realized you had that on a convertible top. How the heck are you:

A: Not tearing the crap out of your top
B: Maintaining any sort of stability on your top going down the road?

I do think that rack looks cool on top though; I've been thinking about doing something similar to my hardtop. Maybe I'll get a beater Miata and do it rally style! That'd be a fun winter car!

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Try the heat and compressed gas duster method to pull those dents out. It worked very well on my Volvo for exactly those types of dents. Sometimes you have to massage the area outside the dent a little with your hands to make it pop back. Even if it doesn't work entirely, it will lessen the appearance a good bit.

I didn't think it would work, but also figured I'd give it a shot. I felt stupid doing it in the driveway, and the first pass didn't seem to do anything. The second pass netted a significant change, and the third made it pop right out.

· Registered
3,011 Posts
Yeah, that's my problem too for my BRG. Not something so track-y. I'm kinda leaning enkei92 x7 in all silver or silver RPF1s in 14. But rota shakotan LOOK SO GOOD. I'd love too see more pics!
Those are all on my short list, but if I had a BRG it'd be chapparal/minilite/panaracer/style all the way. That'd be an easy choice... And they'd be bright silver. With my white car, even with that style, I have to consider: dark for some contrast/silver for classic/black for ultracontrast/color for being a total knob...

· Registered
3,011 Posts
I bet just spraying a little curve at each corner of the square lens to give it the appearance of being slightly rounded would make all the difference. I too find the square lights out of place but have no problem with the low kits (which I agree make the car look classier/sleeker).

1 - 20 of 195 Posts