ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys Im posting this here to ask you guys what i should do in this situation

heres the breakdown....

> EATING at the boiling crab

>sumone came up to me and said a truck ran over your bike

>came out side and saw the bike was on the ground. parts everywhere.

>Asked the guy who drove the truck what happened?! he said he didnt see it and he "didnt" know he was running over it...other ppl (which is about 25 people outside of this boiling crab telling him to stop) said stop b4 he even jumped the curb and ran his tire on top of my bike.

>Got his information dl license insurance stuff

>ALREADY filed a claim through his insurance

>just bought the bike sunday no insurance have pink slip with PO signature and mines dating last sunday.

OVERVIEW
bike was park...he jumped the curb bcus he could back out "his truck was too big"....ran over my bike and kept going.....then he stopped bcus 20+ people were yelling at him telling him to stop ((one eye witness was an insurance claims adjuster...she emailed me....apparently he wasnt stopping after he ran it over and it came with pics and what happened step by step as it occurred :) )))....i came out of boiling crab.

btw he looked intoxicated....YES I SHOULDVE CALLED THE COPS but i didnt. so whats done is done....but should i still file a police report? am i going to get paid? what if the insurance doesnt want to pay? keep in mind i only had the pink slip and it wasnt registered yet. i work everyday so i was planning doing it the following day(which i did). ANd i have NO insurance.

damage to the bike....

borken or missing

ALL FAIRINGS BROKEN

handle bars, forks, front wheel are not lining up properly (probably BENT).

clutch pedal broken

every Part of the bike is not lining up properly

to the pics
BEFORE

AFTER

and pls no unnecessary comments. just want some input on what elese i COULD be doing. keep in mind i already have filed the claim. THANKS guys!

idiot guy and his SHADY girlfriend..

·
Registered
284 Posts
yeah police report is key. Just call the department and explain the situation and see what they say. Also, before I buy a vehicle I always call my insurance company and ask them the particulars. I know that when I spoke to my insurance co about buying the miata (progressive) that I was covered for the first few weeks as a new vehicle.

The bike doesn't look too bad cosmetically but the body panels aligning could be bad. No way to know how bad it is without pealing it apart. The body panels could be tweaked but if it's frame or fairing mounts that's another story.

good luck. This comment comes from age and having bad **** like this happen to me. But, make sure to learn from this so you're covered next time.

·
I will find you. And I will kill you.
3,289 Posts
Depending upon how much on top of the bike his truck was, there is a very good chance your frame has been tweaked. If it isn't obvious tell the insurance you want it checked out on a GMD Computrack system (if you search you should be able to find a place local to you that has one). You don't want to have them talk you into just fairings only to find out down the road that things aren't right and you have an accident because of it.

And always file a police report.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Depending upon how much on top of the bike his truck was, there is a very good chance your frame has been tweaked. If it isn't obvious tell the insurance you want it checked out on a GMD Computrack system (if you search you should be able to find a place local to you that has one). You don't want to have them talk you into just fairings only to find out down the road that things aren't right and you have an accident because of it.

And always file a police report.

wow thanks alot for that info i wouldnt have known what those things are.. but that was the main thing on my mind was if the frame was tweaked or not. Just didnt know how to go about it. ANYONE know a place here in socal preferably near pomona or ontario. even the OC?

·
RHD Jdm yo
1,427 Posts
i dont know why he didnt call the cops, and insurance before posting on a forum

these people will be the downfall of society.

·
Registered
143 Posts
you can........maybe file a police report but since you are in a private parking lot and not on public streets; the police may tell you that they can't. they will advise you to both go through your insurance and duke it out.

from past experience

GL

·
Registered
400 Posts
Good luck on the insurance. Even with a police report, shady people will be shady. I had some dumbass in a Civic try to race me when I was just driving down the road in my old Prelude, and, he eventually got behind me, I stopped at the red light, he didnt. He told the police he was gonna run it since I was though CLEARLY I stopped. Had insurance, filed a police report. Still have no money. That was 9 months ago. I was gonna sue him, but, my folks said since he was shady he might kill us. For real, that's what they said lol. Stupid parents.

tl;dr You might have to sue. Shady kids are retarded.

·
Registered
1,877 Posts
Truck driver is an idiot, you're not that far behind. Why the hell would you not have simply called the police, it was an accident after all, regardless if it was a parking lot or not. Now it's going to be your word against his. Gl. Secondly why are you riding an unregistered/uninsured bike?

Edit: from your description and pics, bike looks totaled given the year, ie. you're fucked.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Why would you even try a Police report? Uninsured unregistered? Probably no Notarized bill of sale.

Good luck but I think you will not get paid for this one.

·
Registered
229 Posts
I'm not a lawyer or an insurance adjuster, but I don't see why this would be a big problem. You have pictures and witnesses that prove the truck driver did the damage and was at fault (as if hitting a parked vehicle isn't proof enough). Don't really see that you'll need a police report since there's really no room for argument as to fault. His insurance should take care of you. If he's uninsured, THEN you're fucked since you don't have insurance (uninsured/underinsured motorist) yourself.

Only issue I can see you having is that you'll have to get the bike titled in your name before they can pay you anything (since they'll pay the owner of the bike). Had that problem several years ago on a used car we bought for my wife - truck pulled out in front of us a week after we got it and car was totaled. Had to wait for title transfer before getting paid by his insurance.

·
Registered
619 Posts
God why is everyone such assholes on this forum now. He was asking for help and/or insight. Not nasty comments. Stop being dicks if you don't have something nice to say don't say it. ****.

·
Registered
3,519 Posts
Damn that sucks that is the last year that I like the zx6r bikes I almost bought that looked just like that.

Sorry this Happened I would try and file a police report regardless just to see. It can't hurt

1 - 20 of 35 Posts