ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
592 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'll be moving to Germany (Stuttgart) this summer. I will not have the MX-5 there but may have to buy one there! Still want to meet the German Club Roadster memebers!

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
Trains! Everything is close! :p

I love Germany. It's such a great country to live in. I spent about three months over there on an exchange program. Great people, great food, and awesome scenery 8)
I lived there for 5 years. Great country to visit, not so great to live in. And no, I did not live on a military base, neither of my parents are military, so I went to real German schools and lived in a real German town.

·
Banned
445 Posts

I love Germany. It's such a great country to live in. I spent about three months over there on an exchange program. Great people, great food, and awesome scenery 8)
I lived there for 5 years. Great country to visit, not so great to live in. And no, I did not live on a military base, neither of my parents are military, so I went to real German schools and lived in a real German town.
thats right, but you should not generalize that. many places here are too crowded, but there are a few nice places to live, too. if i could choose, i would live in austria, they have more snowy hills for skiing ;) and roadstering

i live near frankfurt (very crowded town) in a little town near the spessart, odenwald and taunus, its in the south of hessen and i love the curvy mountain roads, if you can call it mountains, they are not so huge than the rockies ;)

·
Registered
87 Posts
Well I have lived in stuttgart for 6 years now so PM me I will show you around for sure. You military if so which branch, I am Army. I see you olive in Cali. Could you maybe ship something over here in your house hold goods? Please PM me if possible I would like to talk to you fast.

Frank

·
Registered
1,178 Posts

thats right, but you should not generalize that. many places here are too crowded, but there are a few nice places to live, too. if i could choose, i would live in austria, they have more snowy hills for skiing ;) and roadstering

i live near frankfurt (very crowded town) in a little town near the spessart, odenwald and taunus, its in the south of hessen and i love the curvy mountain roads, if you can call it mountains, they are not so huge than the rockies ;)
Heh, that's basically where I lived, too. About an hour from Frankfurt, my Dad worked in Bensheim and Darmstadt. We lived in Fraenkisch-Crumbach, I guess the closest larger town would have been Erbach.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
are you a dual citizen? I am. my mother is from munich and i have an uncle in the police in frankfurt. I like Germany when I go to visit but the people can be a bit cold. The best beer in the world though, by far.

·
Supporting Member
409 Posts
I was stationed in Stuttgart for 3 years, you'll love it over there. It it crowded in some spots but there are so many great roads and drives over there! I had a Mercedes 190 and a BMW 318ti while I was there but I'd ship your Miata over there if you're military vice paying for one that you won't be able to bring back when your tour is over. Make sure you make it over to Zuffenhausen for the Porsche factory/Museum and head up to the Ring for the DTM races and enjoy a Hoffbrau for me!

·
Registered
87 Posts
Oh and remember we have IL motorsports also over here and open track days on thursday from 5 till 9 at Hockenhein or you will get to hit nurbergring. I love it over here in Stuttgart and have been here since 2001.

·
Banned
445 Posts

Heh, that's basically where I lived, too. About an hour from Frankfurt, my Dad worked in Bensheim and Darmstadt. We lived in Fraenkisch-Crumbach, I guess the closest larger town would have been Erbach.
Sorry to hold up such an old thread - but I have to grin ;)

Fränkisch-Crumbach #lol#

Thats the little town, where my wife comes from - heiapopeia ;) (The world is not enough)

1 - 11 of 11 Posts