ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i have a extra ecu 89-93 1.6 and was thinking about making my ms1 a standalone plug and play. has anyone done this? if so do you have the pin diagram. i plan on cutting the board and housing down and welding the housing up it looks like it will be fun project all i need is the pin diagram.

i plan to cut it down through here

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
well the box is built took me about 45 min to make there not much room for the wiring but i think ill make do

heres a few pics

cutting

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #5

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
ok well im lost i have two wires left and two pins left but colors are back words. one is white/ green iac2-a and the other is white/ blue iac1-b i went right to left using the diagram

it says im looking for blue/ white fans and green/ white clutch but i already used them

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
Fuel pump won't run in that configuration. Acutally how it's wired now, you might blow a fuse or damage the MS board.

The wire going to 1C is specifically used for the High Side Driver circuit to power the fuel pump, as labled, it's a 12volt wire. The wire you put to pin 37 is a ground. power and ground don't mix.

That diagram is to be used in conjuntion with my how-to which already explains this, but:

Since the 90-93's fuel pump is activated by the AFM and the ECU has no direct link back to the fuel pump relay, we got creative in how to get the MS to run the fuel pump. You know how your fuel pump runs for about 2 seconds to prime on keep on? Well, 12v is getting sent for a few seconds from the battery to 1C to do this, so we've started using a custom circuit to send 12v to 1C instead of a normal ground to the relay. the ST-SIGN fuse must be removed when doing this, else the driver gets overheated by the constant path to the battery on it's output.

Otherwise, if you are removing the AFM, the simplest solution (especially with a v2.2 board without room to build the high side driver circuit) is to connect the db37 pin 37 to 2O, this can then be jumped to the F/P relay pin on the AFM connector using a short piece of wire. That way, the normal f/p ground will be sent to the AFM connector, through your little jumper wire, and ground the f/p relay like the AFM would. Make sense?

If the AFM is being left in place, dont connect the wire on pin 37.

____

You have pins 25 and 27 crossed, as well as pins 29 and 31.

____

only connect pin 22 and 26 if you plan to wire up a linear TPS.

____

For the grounds: 2A-D, run 4 seperate wires to each if possible. Kinda too late now, don't worry about it. Just easier/cleaner.

____

Make sure to Jump 1J and 1Q if you plan on activating your A/C.

____

Have you built the MS yet? Do you know how to properly modify a v2.2 board for the miata, including adding the idle pwm circuit?

____

Pretty clever little harness, but you should have checked this out first:

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #9 (Edited)
thank you,

i bought the ms built from haigog not to long ago.

i fixed the switched pins, but i don't understand what im doing with pin 37 it says fuel pump on the wire. i am removing the afm, so am i connecting 37 to the pin 20 the air temp or 2o thats not marked? also 1c goes to pin 28? i have pin 28 going to 1r does it go to both?

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
for you, 1C is unused.

connect DB37 37 (fuel pump ground) to pin 2O.

then jump these two AFM connector pins (red line):

that connects 2O to the fuel pump relay ground, the wire the AFM normally grounds.

The two other wires in the connector above is where you'd wire the AIT sensor back to.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Has anyone done this with a microtech. I have a link connector to make the plug and play with. Just not sure I have all the wires drawn up to go to the right spots...

Fear Nothing! Regret Nothing!

L%#e E<€r3++!

·
Supporting Member #5522
3,190 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
well i just went to test my custom power window switches and this is the first time i have had the ms1 plugged in. the fans came on and there was no ignition light and the two outer leds where flashing on the ms1. so is this normal? i have yet to plug in the ms1 to my computer to set it up but i thought it being used it should have the old set up on it or is it when you unplug it it resets?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts