ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello all,

My name is Brad and I am new to the world of Miatas, after recently getting rid of my 1991 RHD 240sx, so please excuse my asking.

I've got a 93 Miata with the 1.6L motor and a bolt on Greddy turbo kit as well as the Flyin' Miata link ecu. i've been looking into buying the MSD 6AL ignition box and blaster coil to set up 3 step. i was wondering if this set-up would work for the application since it is distibutorless. I've seen the MSD Boost Retard specifically for Miatas but I cant seem to find much information about how it works or what all of its features are. I ran a search on this forum last night but nothing came up as far as people running either ignition setups.

Can someone help me out here?

I'll shortly make a formal introduction in the meet and greet section as soon as I get some pictures of the car I've been working on and clean it up a bit more.

Thanks.

·
Registered
239 Posts
i'd reccommend doing some research on miata.net. there's probably someone who's done it before and can tell you all about it!

·
CR.net Old Geezer
1,212 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
thanks for the information. working at advance auto parts may help in finding what all i need to do the gm conversion. i think ill be doing it in the next week or two. ill keep you posted.

EDIT:
I've found everything i need to for the conversion except the 10mm spark plug wires. anyone know a part number for a good match or where to find them on the net? will 8.5mm work fine without cross-arching?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts