ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So yeah, I have a 04 MSM, with stuff and thats about it.....

Main thing is Torsen is crap......I drove my friends NA FC with a KAAZ and while its a pos, 2 wheels moving always........i love it so anyone that can give me some places to pickup an ATS lemme know

also if you are located in socal and know how to do the install with all the clearances and what not I have a case of Heineken or whatever the hell you want with it

oh heres a few pics......

·
!n-joy
3,192 Posts
You're having problems with the Torsen? Weird... I get sideways just fine with it and locks really well for me.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
getting sideways is fine, staying sideways with almost 90* angle is kinda hard with a torsen or maybe i just suck but yeah, 2 way clutch lsd is what i want :)

and 195's are back from when it was stock.......making 230 to the wheels and using those = wheel hop like a mofo.......

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
I'll let him answer. 230 WHP is a big claim. Lets see the proof. Not trying to be an ass, but 270-280 CHP is a big difference from stock.

If it is true, then thats awsome. That would be a very leathal weapon.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
It is dyno'ed HP......if you want some proof well find me on the freeway :)
No idea where I saved my dyno charts and honestly don't really care......

This is flyin miatas mazdaspeed's dyno chart with everything I have but the addition of their upgraded stock turbo made about 30 hp with the same boost, just upgraded turbine and housing
http://flyinmiata.com/tech/dyno_runs/MSM_big_daddy.pdf

And these are the mods that I have http://flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=4536&parentid=0&stocknumber=22-10000 just take out the BoV with a Type S and a 3" turbo back exhaust

·
Lit like a BranchDavidian
5,990 Posts
i find my 96 4.1 Torsen very nice for sliding. I have driven a 240 with a KAAZ, though it was nice, i think the torsen is much nice for daily and mtn. runs.

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
hey droptop, you had that white one that you.......so that 99 is lookin nice

how much you boosting outta the JRSC? I love SC's :)

And yeh the torsen is imho the best you can get for daily driving/grip racing but for drifting theres room for improvement so i was a clutch LSD

looking at availability I might just do the KAAZ 1.5 to not take things a little too extreme.....anyone know if the deftforce is the only 2.0 for miatas?

·
Registered
469 Posts
a 1.5 or 2 will be pretty rad. I agree with DTD and Marty. I have the ATS 2 way. Its rad but the others were fine(I mean stock)

Now that I have a handle on the 2way its rad though..

·
Sequence Number 1280
3,051 Posts
for drift, you need to look/join the roadsterdrift.com forums man...

btw, my brother uses a torsen and drifts fine... many others too... so i think skills(more track time) before forking out for parts is your best bet.

your claim for power means that you definitely have enough of it.

TeRRy

·
Speed Tribe OG Member
4,628 Posts
It is dyno'ed HP......if you want some proof well find me on the freeway :)
No idea where I saved my dyno charts and honestly don't really care......

This is flyin miatas mazdaspeed's dyno chart with everything I have but the addition of their upgraded stock turbo made about 30 hp with the same boost, just upgraded turbine and housing
http://flyinmiata.com/tech/dyno_runs/MSM_big_daddy.pdf

And these are the mods that I have http://flyinmiata.com/index.php?deptid=4536&parentid=0&stocknumber=22-10000 just take out the BoV with a Type S and a 3" turbo back exhaust

Cool...You got the Big Enchalada.....sweet. I would love to see how good it is against my FMII+ :twisted:

Well welcome to the site. Come out to KINOD and lets chat.... :D

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
u have a better turbo but i have a better top end cause of the 1.8......hmm it would be REALLY close im sure

I really like the FMII and was considering a 10AE blue with the FMII when i had my 94 laguna a while back but 5.5k in rebates for the MSM was an offer I couldn't refuse

1 - 20 of 20 Posts