ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
HI,

I have a Pioneer radio MSSS model: FH5071ZMus install in my Miata. I searching for the service manual. No sound at all, but the cd, am/fm,cassette work but no sound come from this radio. Need the service manual to repair. thank
DJL

·
Supporting Member
836 Posts
There is a section on it in my 1994 service manual. If there are any on line, I suggest checking them out.

There are three separate plugs to install the MSSS, at least in my '94.
One goes to the radio.
The other two go to the smaller unit under the radio - basically an amplifier, I think.
One plug is for the speakers.
The other one controls Mute/Mode, and turns on the ALC & Body Sonic System (seat thumpers - great to get rid of kidney stones ;)

I have not used my MSSS in over 5 years, so I am writing from memory.

·
Premium Member
937 Posts
Awesome Tim Allen posted half of it. HERE

Did your Miata come with that radio? If you don't have tweeters and "bass thumpers" factory installed in your car, you'll have to do a slight modification to the wiring.

Easy task, just splice a 12volt source, one for the button lights, the other to power on the speakers.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
I have an original service manual from Pioneer for the MSSS1.

I have scanned and posted about 18 pages out of 56 of it so far.

I'm going to have to scan the larger fold-out pages at Kinko's or someplace like it that can handle large pages.

http://clubroadster.net/resources/msss1/index.htm

If you are handy at electronics and can figure out how to repair these things, send me a PM ASAP!!

I have 3 or 4 extra MSSS1 radios that all need the CD player portion fixed. When you insert a CD, it spits it back out.

I am also looking for a way to wire an AUX input for an iPod directly into the unit.

·
Registered
340 Posts
I had the problem with CDs and tapes being spat out problem on mine, luckily I have a friend who works in a electronics repair shop :D
He took it, took it apart, fitted a new belt, cleaned the laser, and otherwise generally cleaned it and now it works :D

The only downside is that it doesn't accept my ipod->tape adapter still, but at least I don't have to listen to the radio now.

The Aux input would be something I'm sure a load on MSSS owners would be interested in Tim :D
I'll ask and see if my friend has any thoughts.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Very cool!

So cleaning the CD laser eye should help, huh?

I'll have to try that.

Yeah, a LOT of us would be interested in the AUX input for the iPod!

Let your friend know about the service manual scans if he doesn't have them. There are a lot of good schematics in there.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi,timallen,

My technicien need the service manual to be able to repair the radio. I have the wire harness for the Miata radio, those plug are the same for 1990 to 1997. I plug those wiring harness to the radio with a 12 volt charger to get power, evrey thing light up, cd, cassette,radio am/fm; can change stations on radio,radio accept cassette and cd , reject when a push the button; but no sound come fron the unit.

I print the 18 pages from the service manuel on your link, also I send this link to my technicien hoping that will help, waiting for is respond.

·
3,857 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
The radio looks to be in a lot better shape than some of the MSSS1 radios I have seen on Ebay lately.

Make sure to put your ad in the "For Sale" Section!

·
3,857 Posts

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Hi Tim,

Looking for an MSSS for my 94, any interest in selling one of yours?
Quite possibly. There was someone her interested in buying it, but I haven't gotten a response from him after several attempts.

I even have the rare face cover!

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Hey Tim, when are you going to post the rest of the MSSS manual?
You know...I had almost forgotten about doing that until I saw this post replied to.

I hope to get that done after Thanksgiving sometime. I just need to get to a Kinko's, but the nearest one is about 30 miles from home or work.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Tim, just curious. How much does it cost to use Kinko's services?

No need to rush. But, it would be nice to have it during the holiday... :wink:
Not sure about the charges at Kinko's. I just have to get by one of their shops and do it!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.