ClubRoadster.net banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

MstrBlk won't ship

Private transaction 
7K views 89 replies 25 participants last post by  concealer404 
#1 ·
Purchased a Nardi gara 4 off of "MsterBlk" ( http://clubroadster.net/vb_forum/28-sale-trade/183729-garage-sale-nardi-gara-braces-stuff.html ). Discussed about it for a day or 2 before payment (last Tuesday) He answered fairly quick, but after receiving payment, he barely responded. He told me he was going to ship out last Friday, and when I didn't hear from him that day after multiple emails and PM's. I said I will open an dispute with payal, which then he replied after. He tells me that he was waiting for another payment to limit the trips to PO. Asked him if he could just ship it out today, being that its already nearing a week and you didn't ship out the time you said, and haven't heard since. Can't post in this thread because I'm a newb.

*another member faced a similar situation, but was finally able to get him to ship.

#2 ·
He was probably waiting on mine, as I purchased the Nardi Gara 3.

I messaged him yesterday and he told me he was shipping today. I haven't had much of a problem with him as of yet other than occasionally late replies.

If you look at his transaction histories he seems to have a recurring problem with shipping in a timely manner, but nothing just disappears, everyone eventually gets the parts...

Here's to hoping we both get our wheels soon! lol

#5 ·
OP, maybe you should chill. As a private seller it can be very difficult to get to the post office with everything else going on in someone's personal life.

I mean come on dude...you paid less than a week ago! Some big companies who actually sell products for a living won't even ship that fast. Sounds like you're being a little impatient if you ask me.

Try to take into account the fact that this guy has to work every day (probably) and on top of that, it's the holidays. Like life isn't hard enough without **** like this.

#16 ·
Lol.

He isn't being impatient at all. It has been over a week with spotty communication.

There is not an excuse for that at all, sorry.

Unless you live in Antarctica, it isn't hard to drop by UPS, USPS, FedEx, etc.

I have never had a company take more than 2-3 days to ship something in stock, and unless previously discussed I would expect the same turnaround from a private seller.

OP has every right to be pissed, I would be too.

Edit : Seen you last post, disregard all this more or less.

#7 ·
This is why leaving feedback on sellers/buyers is important!! I was going to buy a header from him but after setting up a date and time and not hearing from him the day of to confirm the meet up, I just told him I would pass and then he said I flaked out so I had to set that straight BUT I agree that you may need to give him a break given the facts you yourself provided.

Communication is key and I don't think its a stretch to say that most forum users at least browse the forum on their cell phone and who doesn't have one of those now days? :suicide: I am fine with delays as long as I stay in the loop but honestly anyone that buys from someone with negative feedback left by a stand up forum member like 3miatafamily, well you knew the risk. :suicide:

#8 · (Edited)
Believe me, I understand that "life" might be going on and the holidays are a bit hectic, If you're able to reply promptly before while trying to sell the item, you should be able to reply promptly after getting paid then. if he couldn't get it out Friday like he said, let me know instead he ignores any messages. He's able to reply on his threads but not to PMs? That's what's making it frustrating. again, like what dnationb said, he was going to ship today, but nothing, not one message about saying he couldn't do so. It seems like a re-occurring issue with him, as I said there's some members that's dealt with him. I'm sure most of us has been in a situation where we get caught up on things and can't make it out to ship it next day, and I know I have, but I have communicated that always. Its the communication thats really bugging me, like you were there to do whatever to make the sale, then you barely respond after that.

#10 ·
Shipping honestly sucks this time of year. Take this from someone who ships hundreds of items a month. No time of year will more things get lost than right before the 25th of December. January is always horrible due to trying to track down lost shipments.

I don't want to put my nose where it doesn't belong, but please take a breath and consider the time of year. It really sucks that your seller isn't shipping, but it might be a lot better for everyone to wait a week.

#12 ·
Same thing happened to me.
I'm not saying hes a scammer, just a VERY SLOW SHIPPER.

When I bought 3 gauges from him a couple months back, it took him 2 weeks to ship it (that's to get a tracking number out of him, not delivery time frame). No offense, but it shouldn't take that long. He wouldn't respond to any of my PMs (I knew he was screening them because he would log-in numerous times, and still no reply)
What it took to get him to respond was posting in his build thread as well as a Paypal Transaction Resolution. Sure it was the wrong thing to do (posting in his build thread), but so is avoiding your buyers once you get their money. I PM'ed him 3-4 times over the span of a week while watching his "Last Log-In" and he didn't respond to any of them until he saw my post on his Build.

I was happy to get the gauges, but initially when Ipurchased them he said he would ship them out in a couple days. and during that time i was in the middle of an oil change and cut up the upper radiator hose, so my car was out for the time being until the parts were received from him.

#13 ·
Which is what one member suggested I do. He didn't get anything from him (ordered a nardi wheel as well) until he posted requesting for a refund on the original sale thread, but being that I couldn't I had to make a new thread here. I know what time of year it is, but when you're replies go from an hour or so max before payment to every other day or 2 after payment, just doesn't seem right. And like you said TwiztOG43, he signs on so I know he see's the PM's and even the other day he updated his thread but failed to respond to any PM's or emails. I'm glad you got your item though TwiztOG43.

#15 · (Edited)
hmmm. seems I may have been a little out of line with my comments....carry on.

I've not been known for being the best shipper but I always do my best to stay in contact with my customers and you won't find my logging in to the site and not responding - if I'm busy, I'm MIA lol

#18 ·
If I pay for something from a private seller, I think it is completely appropriate to ship it in 2-3 days unless other arrangements are needed (and discussed up front.)

I ship things nearly weekly - I never make someone wait more than a couple days before they have a tracking number. And this is with me working full time, a home business, and family life.

I seriously doubt that anyone on here has such a busy life that they can't swing by one the major 3-4 shipping places to get a package out - or arrange for a pickup. It takes all of 10 minutes to drop in a FedEx, USPS, or UPS store and have them box up and ship something.

So no, I don't think it is unreasonable at all. I think it is just common courtesy (just like good communication.)

#19 ·
selling parts isnt most people heres full time job, so its understandable if they cant ship the day of or whatever. im pretty up front about it, and let people know around when im gonna ship, and if theres any delay to let them know. im sure most of us are no strangers to waiting months for parts (hella jdm). communication is the key here, it takes 2 minutes to respond to someones message, and you can do that while on the toilet.

#21 ·
Exactly, I mean its not like you're shipping out hundreds or thousands of items, you're shipping out a handful. But like I said, I understand what time of year it is, but that goes out the window when you're clearly on the forum, but fail to respond to messages. He told me Friday it was boxed up already, so he just had to drop it off. 2 days he said he would get it out, but failed to do so on those days and failed to say anything about it.

#25 ·
Well bronto has threatened me with a ban. To OP, I will get you tracking info asap. Try to be a little patient, it is the time to be jolly and **** right?

I'm leaving the forums. Not too many of you knew me, but I enjoyed my time here and liked reading what you guys had to say. Needless to say, LOTS of lulz. Sorry I was not the fastest shipper. Anyways, that's it for now. Maybe I'll see some of you guys around.

That is all. Bye

#28 ·
You have a history of being absolutely awful at shipping/communication the moment you receive payment.

Don't give unrealistic expectations that you'll be able to get things in the mail and expect there to be no repercussions. I am absolutely awful at getting things in the mail in a timely fashion because most of my parts are stored 30 miles away from where I live, but I fully communicate that.

I'll just write it here because I'm too annoyed to have to deal with this garbage than to PM you back, but the fact that you think that someone with a low post count isn't entitled to complain about you not being able to visit a post office for 10 minutes is ridiculous.

Send out the wheel and everyone moves on, easy enough.

#27 ·
There's no need to ban you if you're going to leave on your own due to not being able to take criticism about your ongoing communications issues.

You're missing the point. The issue is ignoring people, not necessarily that it's taking you a week to ship something during one of the busiest times of the year.

Whether you stay or not is up to you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.