ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, quick question. My JDM miata came with a really cool stereo face. It plays cds and casettes, and it is pretty big (twice the size of normal usa plates), so it fits perfectly. However recently the stereo began to randomly cut out. Like as if the speakers blew, all treble, no bass and very quiet. Whats weird is that is cuts out randomly and comes back very randomly, like not when I hit a bump hard or anything, just when Im cruising down a smooth road it will cut out on me, and come back 2 days later for a bit. Im thinking its maybe like a bad connection? Its killing me, I love my music, and I love my faceplate, moreoever its very firmly planted in the console, I have no idea how to take it out. What would be my best and safest bet to fix this, I would be willing to have somebody do it for me, but I wouldnt want to spend more than 50$ just to fix a small electric problem?

Also my radio can pick up only one station lol, because they use different FM and AM frequencies in Japan, anyone know how I might be able to change this?

Thank You for your help fellow miata owners, you guys kick ass
=D>

·
Registered
514 Posts
pictures and maybe a model number?

·
Registered
559 Posts
well, it could be number of things. It could be the speakers hooked up. If the wires are twisted together and not connected right, more friction and heat is being caused and you may have just worn out the connection.

If that isn't the case. Check your actual plug in the back of the system. Now you may not want to try this, but this will tell you exactly what it is. Get the butt (rubber) end of a screw driver and tap on the side of the system were the plug in plugged into. If it starts working after that than you need a new system.

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
Like Miazda said, it could be any one of a number of things. If the system is toast, you can still get the large sized radios in the aftermarket. Double DIN systems are relatively unheard of here in the US, but are avaialble nonetheless. Plus they'll give you more than one radio station option :p

Plus you can always score one on Yahoo Japan

1 - 5 of 5 Posts