ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
red?
1,239 Posts
Playin' the hands

Playin' percussion (4th to the right, 3 years experience)

Playin' the (other) bass

Playin' the trumpet... 6 years ago? (main instrument, 12 years experience)

No vids, sorry. Maybe if I start a band in the next short while. :D

·
Registered
100 Posts
From highschool days, my friend and I playing scream-punk with no more than a piano:

·
(⌐■_■)
2,387 Posts
Bassoon. All state back in high school. And yes, that exists.

I also dabble in guitar. I haven't seriously played in a couple years and haven't even opened the case in a year due to moving and leaving it at my parent's house. I'm going to bring it back with me when I visit next month and start playing again.

Serenading the driver

Better pic of the guitar: Gretsch Duo Jet

Found a pic of me (far right) before my senior solo: Mozart's Bassoon Concerto in B flat major. I haven't played since sophomore year of college and kinda miss it. I probably would have kept playing if there were better options form non music majors - non music major orchestra/band was a joke and everything above that was scheduled at poor times. If you want to be shocked, look up the price of a Heckel bassoon. 30k used :eek:

·
Registered
396 Posts
due to my shoulder injury, i've had to put the bass and 6'er down for now and moved onto violin... which i suck pretty bad at. going from frets to no frets is killer. starting classes in april for it though.

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
No awesome pictures here, but I was in marching band and indoor drumline 4-5 years. Played snare for the first two years, then tenors the rest of my time there. I messed around on drum set a bit during that time. Here's me going thru some of the old cadences...

and some less interesting Sleigh Bells

I've been dying to find a cheap 5piece set or a set of used tenors just to play again :lol:

·
Registered
400 Posts
I don't have any pics at the moment, but, my main focuses are Guitar and Drums. I've played drums since I was 5, my dad was a drummer. I also play bass, kinda goes with the guitar.

·
Registered
100 Posts
those piano skills are off the hook hahah. was that you or your friend playing, either way, really funny/good video.

Thanks, thats me on the piano

·
Registered
100 Posts
teach meeeeeeee lol

I've been playing since grade 1, its a result of playing every single day I live. Once you get the fundamentals of playing, i.e. proper hand positioning, knowledge of theory, chords, etc, its just time. Time to make your fingers quick, time to learn how to make certain sounds.

The main thing is to enjoy sitting down and buggering about for a while. Keep at it, its something that im always glad I kept up

·
RISE OR DIE TRYING
157 Posts
I've been playing guitar and drums for ~10 years and keyboards for ~5. I played keys in a touring band for 3 years or so, had the time of my life!

·
Registered
164 Posts
so there are band kids here!? lol sweet. drummer here. only have sticks now and days. but i miss it tremendously. band all 4 years in high school. both marching and concert. and 2 years indoor line. tenors bass lead snare. etc. you know how we drummers do lol

·
Alexander Supertramp
4,670 Posts
Seems we're pretty common ;) I forgot to put that I did do concert band and jazz band for a few years in high school too.

·
honey badger dont care
293 Posts
play drums (9 years) bass (3 years) and a little piano.
setups:
drums: ludwig accent cs custom elite (1000 total sets made in this series, 1 of 70 total made in orange amber) with color matched aux snare, full zildjian cymbals
Bass: Fender 5 string jazz, Eden World Tour Black Series WTB300V All-Tube head, Eden D410XST 1000W 4x10 cab

·
I wanna go fast
2,781 Posts
I started building this guitar 4 years ago and then I put it on hold. Last month I decided to pickup where I left off.

I still have to route the rear cavity then I'm going to paint it flat black or flat green to compliment the gold hardware.

1 - 20 of 24 Posts