ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Yeap, figured I'd post in here since I'll be lurking around and don't really have much to post about anyway.
My name is Tony and I just purchased a '99 White Miata a few weeks ago from an older gentleman who was the 2nd owner and told me the first owner was a woman who literally cried when he drove away in it; she was very attached because she had take such good care of it...so did the 2nd owner. It's completely stock with the exception of an Alpine deck I just put in (need my iPod) and an antenna delete with the Mazda OEM delete cap.
This is my first car that isn't either a Civic (1st car/learner) or a 240SX (I've had 6. 2 S14's and 4 S13's...didn't wreck any if that's what people think).
So obviously I'm a fan of small lightweight red Japanese cars. I was a member of the usual 240SX forums like Zilvia, NicoClub, MA240sx, etc...still am I guess, haha. I did a bit of AutoX and some Drifting when I had my S-chassis' and I always worked on them myself and with help from friends when needed; and I always tried to keep the mods as simple and classy as possible, which is how my NB will be going as well.
As of right now it's my daily driver to school/work.
First bit of business will be tightening the suspension with coilovers, few connecting rods/braces, and new urethane bushings. With that will come some wheels and stickier tires.
Other than that, I want to do the 01-05 front end conversion, already got one headlight for a good price, so if you have a bumper or a right headlight for sale let me know, haha.
No real plans on power other than a simple exhaust like the RacingBeat all the way back and maybe an intake...I think the engine is plenty for my runs down the twisties in the backroads of Richmond, VA. I guess that's a little bit about me, my NB and my plans for it. I'll be lurking around, haha.

·
Registered
497 Posts
Welcome. Good choice on the '99 :p Think about doing the full header and exhaust while you're at it, you'll gain a few more hp by doing the header, and save a significant amount of weight. Post up some pics!

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
Welcome.

Update your profile so people know where you are from.

Edit: Just saw RVA, but still do it.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Welcome.

Update your profile so people know where you are from.

Edit: Just saw RVA, but still do it.
Done and done. :mrgreen:

Welcome. Good choice on the '99 :p Think about doing the full header and exhaust while you're at it, you'll gain a few more hp by doing the header, and save a significant amount of weight. Post up some pics!
Yeap, I was thinking full exhaust, header-back.
Here's a few photos from when I first bought it...haven't really take any since.

Attachments

·
Accepting donations.
3,366 Posts
It is way easier if you host your pictures somewhere then post the link between

But nice pickup. Make a build thread and get your posts up so you can buy things in the classifieds.

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Haha, yea it's been awhile since I used a host site...guess I'll sign up to one again.

Thanks! I'll probably start one once I start doing things to it.

·
Registered
87 Posts
what kind of white is that? doesnt look like the white i usually see. or that picture is super saturated, i cant tell haha. welcome 99 owner!

·
Registered
83 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
You're gonna need these when your car throws a CEL:
http://www.miata.net/garage/manifold/index.html
http://www.miataforumz.com/showthread.php?t=246
http://www.miata.net/garage/egr0902.html

Not to scare you as these cars rock but they have their quirks. NB1s have annoying intake manifolds that get gunked up easy. Enjoy it though man!
Thanks for the heads up! I'll probably knock out most of those one of these weekends/day off even though I'm not having any troubles yet. I love tinkering and doing maintenance on my cars, so no problem. XD

1 - 14 of 14 Posts