ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Edit:

Bought one! 2004 base 5-spd!

Hi, this is my first post. I don't own a Miata/MX-5 but I'm searching now. About 3 years ago I went to a used car dealer and drove a 2004 5-spd base Miata that had bald tires in the rear that shuddered at speeds over 40 MPH. It was terrifying and was the best damn car I'd ever driven. Ever since then, I haven't test driven a car that was better.

I couldn't pull the trigger on a Miata back then and got a 2009 Hyundai Sonata, automatic. Now that I'm in a better financial situation, I'm looking for a 04-05 Miata or 06-08 MX-5. The biggest problem I'm having is that every MX-5 and Miata that I'm interested in has been in a crash (according to Carfax and Autocheck) or seem super abused. Otherwise, they're often over KBB.

Oh, and I've also been waiting for the Scion FRS/Subaru BRZ but don't think I can stomach the upfront cost. And I'd really like to experience the convertible life! As far as I'm concerned, the Miata/MX-5 is the only convertible acceptable to me!

Thanks in advance and hope to post on the Wanted forum but I realize it'll probably take a little posting on my part. Does anyone ever part with their Miata/MX-5? Here's hoping :D

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks! I like the NA generation but the ones I test drove must have been crashed to all hell because they seemed like super rattle boxes; interior, chassis and all. The NB has a great center console that I like but the NC was super refined and crisp. I think it might just be because its newer. Finally, even though weight was added each generation, it just seems safer in the newer models. And a bit more reliable maybe...?

1 - 13 of 13 Posts