ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
After wanting a Miata for about 6 years, I was able to build some credit, and go and Purchase one. I was browsing the internet one day and stumbled upon this one. I wasn't too fond of the color at first, but it had everything else I was looking for in a Miata. Nice stereo, Black leather interior, side skirts, spoiler, and a little over 66k miles. It was located at a Carmax in South Carolina and since Carmax does free transfers within a certain distance, I figured why not have them bring it down and I'll take a look at it in person, see how it drives, etc. A week later, it arrived, and after finally seeing it in person, my opinion changed immediately on the color. Turns out that pictures do not do this color justice. I drove it, fell in love, and one warm night in late October of 09', I owned a Miata! (Finally!) Now, onto the car...

Here we have a 2002 Mazda Miata SE. It is number 385 out of 1000 for the Blazing Yellow edition, which was one of the two special editions available that year. It comes with big brakes, extra bracing, sport suspension, 6spd, 3.9 torsen diff, the nice aero package, 16" enkei wheels, and pretty cool paint.

Here are pics of Day one.

Just a little bit special...

SOLD!!!

16 inch enkei wheels

Right after all the paperwork, new miata owner!

Since then, I have installed a new shift knob, new headunit, new stubby antenna, and black hardtop.
Here is a picture of what it looks like today

New headunit

Plans for the car

-Turbo and goodies that go with having a Turbo
-Exhaust
-Racing Seat (04/04/10 Purchased a BRIDE pros racing seat with 5 point harness, awaiting installation)
-Lower, stiffer suspension
-Roll Bar (Purchased Hard Dog Hard Core Double Diagonal, awaiting installation)
-Black wheels <--Post pics of suggestions!!
-Find a hot girl to ride in the passenger seat
-Upgrade stereo system (Purchased New head unit)
-Better Clutch
-Better Flywheel
-Black Hard top (Purchased on 02/28/10)
-Tint the windows
-Stubby antenna (Installed on 02/20/10)
-Weight reduction...on the driver (Been going to the gym, a work in progress)
-HID headlights
-New shift knob (Installed on 02/20/10)
-New soft top (Installed sometime in December)

Its a slow process at the moment. Time and Money is playing a factor. Being a full time worker and full time student, its difficult to get a day to work on it.

Special thanks to RoturnutFD3S for helping out with the transformation!!

Thanks for checking it out. Please feel free to leave comments and suggestions. I will update as much as possible.

Thanks,
Beastinthebushes

·
3,857 Posts
I need to get a rear sway bar, it came with a front sway bar. Forgot to mention that, thanks for bringing that up. I'll have to look into end links. Never really considered them. Thanks!
Looks good, no need for rear sway bar... the most powerful miatas out there don't have one...
If you put a turbo you definitely don't need one!

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yeah, wheels are low on the list. Right now, for this year, I'm trying to focus on getting some good handling suspension, and exhaust. If I can manage to get that, I'll be happy. Wheels will come much later, since the enkei's don't look that bad. They are just heavy. Im considering these...

Black Rota D2

Black 6UL's with polished lip

Black rota subzero with the lip either polished or painted yellow

And thats about it so far.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Wow, love the color, love the black hardtop!

Get Tein Flex for your suspension and be done with it.
Thanks! I've considered the flex. Its kind of annoying researching suspension on forums, because everyone has different opinions, and you get the same amount of hate as you do love.

is that a factory spoiler? nice car!
Thanks, and as far as I know, it is factory.

·
Registered
1,019 Posts
do it right, or don't bother at all, if i learned anything in modifying both my old car and my miata

Teins are a great choice, I personally am on a set of NA JIC FLT-A2s and I love them

one thing, maybe it's just me, but the frame rails is a must,

·
Registered
11,684 Posts
Hardtop looks awesome. I think black wheels will look slick with your color combo. And +1 for FLEX. It's a great suspension. +1 for frame rails also.

That head unit would last 5 minutes where I live. :lol: I really need to move somewhere with less theft.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Hardtop looks awesome. I think black wheels will look slick with your color combo. And +1 for FLEX. It's a great suspension. +1 for frame rails also.
Thanks, for the color combo, here is an idea of what I am going for. Someone photoshopped this for me...

·
Registered
375 Posts
There is a thread in the DIY section about painting rims. Even with just that change, the car would have all the visual upgrades it needs. It's one of those colours you don't lose in the parking lot at the mall.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Yeah, I've read up on it, but don't really want to paint the wheels, because if I decide to sell them, I could probably get more for them if they are unmolested. Since they are special edition Enkei wheels, I'm sure someone would pay a pretty penny for them.

·
Motorboat Captain
9,990 Posts
The only problem is that when you buy LE or Special Editions you usually don't want to fix them up.

You must have missed his planned mod list there buddy.

Nice car BinB. I like the shooped version of it. Try vinyl on the window frame before painting it.

·
Registered
378 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
After shooting up roids, yelling in rage, cursing the heavens, and eating a sandwich, I was unable to loosen the back two bolts from my drivers seat..
So, I had to head on over to a friend's house, where he was kind enough to get those bolts out with an air impact, after a few seconds of that...

Out with the old

And in with the NEW!

I will be installing the harness along with a Hard Dog roll bar here soon.

But let me tell you, I had no idea how much of an impact a racing seat would have on driving a car. I now take turns a lot harder in this thing without realizing it. I love it.

Racing seats - Beastinthebushes Recommended!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts