ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
151 Posts
A sick twisted side of me is wondering wtf is up with your intake..

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
hahahahaha you mean my choped up 1.6 JR intake box with flex intake hose :twisted:

well i did not want to spend the money to get a new intake so i choped up the JR ram air intake since it was cracked anways and i have tired to mount it infront of the engine but i did not have enough room. once i fix the coolant hose on the block i am going to mount it in down there untill i figure out if i want to get a SC or IRTBS or stay stock.... so who knows but its ghetto right now. the intake hose needs to be trimed ALOT....it streches out to 6 feet!

·
Registered
499 Posts
did you check your timing yet??

When I did mine, I swaped all the 1.6 sensors onto the 1.8. and it fired right up. then all we had to do was reset the timing.

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
i have not checked the timing but i am going to attempt to set the timing tonight.......i have never set the timing on a car before but i am sure it cant be too hard

·
Registered
1,178 Posts
i have not checked the timing but i am going to attempt to set the timing tonight.......i have never set the timing on a car before but i am sure it cant be too hard
It's very simple, actually. There is some pretty good information concerning setting timing on miata.net, I used it to advance my timing (+17 :twisted: ) and it went without a hitch.

·
Registered
1,688 Posts
sounds like your timing belt is off a tooth. read TIm's writeup in the Projects section, and the 19 tooth rule artlicle on miata.net.

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Check your spark plug wires. I think they are in the wrong order, based on your pictures. You have them in the 1.6 order, which is fine if you're using the 1.6 coil, but if you are using the 1.8 coil, you need to put the wires in the order like the picture of your friend's car. I can't remember for sure how that works on the 1.8 swap into a 1.6 car, but I thought I would mention it.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,617 Posts

·
Brah.
7,484 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
ran it right between the coils there is a gap big enough for a tube the trick is getting a hose that wont bend shut when you make the turn on the back of the valve cover

1 - 20 of 21 Posts