ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 166 Posts

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone. My name is Seth, and in April of 2014 I began what is now I call a "financial mistake" but you can't take it with you right? Anyway, I bought a 1993 miata LE with 152,xxx on the clock. Multiple previous owners, R title, BUT the motor and drivetrain were strong. The body on the other hand was a horrendous train wreck. Here is the car when I purchased it..

Well after some maintenance and a quick spray job and some new wheels, It was up to drivable standards and I put almost 2000 miles on it.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I then decided I want to add boost to the picture. Originally I was going to do a small low boost home brew turbo setup. So I got a DIYPNP megasquirt and a td04 WRX turbo and bought a manifold and downpipe from Sturovo.

After that I got a Torsen swap from a 94, added some paint, and rebuilt all 4 rear cv joints. Also cut my rear end up high for a diffuser later on.

After that, I did the 1.8 brake upgrade with all new pads and rotors all the way around and then plans had changed...I want a full motor build I thought. I can still hear my bank account cringe. But around early September the motor came out, and my miata has sat in the garage since.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
After the motor came out i had to plan what I wanted. The td04 was mr big enough to meet my power goals of 300whp. So I plan on using an STI turbo (VF series). Then the motor went out to the machine shop. Everything was hot tanked, the head was decked, totally disassembled, media blasted, valves recut, +1mm supertech valve train, reassembly. The block was bored over to 78.5mm, decked, and the crank journals were align honed. The crank was polished. Forged eagle H beam rods, ARP head and main bearing cap studs are ready for install. https://vimeo.com/114090116
https://vimeo.com/114090245

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Then I sent a ton of stuff out for powder coating, luckily my friend does it on the side. So far I got my valve cover, can gears, and fuel rail back.

Then a CX Racing intercooler kit was added into the mix.

Then a aftermarket wheel, and AEM air fuel ratio and automated boost gauge.

Then I got a rollbar locally and welded up my own DIY harness bar.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Plenty more has happened that I can't remember, but that's basically how it sits now. Most recently I've been toying with a front splitter/undertray. I'm hoping to get the "frame" for it welded up this weekend

I'm only using the thin plywood as a template because it's easy to work with.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

I forgot to post before I sent everything out for powder coating I went over the casting lines on the intake manifold and smoothed them out with a dremel.

And I'm currently trying to get rid of my XXR 527s 15x8 et 0 in order to get some 15x9 wheels. I want to get Rota grid Classics 15x9 et 0, but I'm open to suggestions haha

Unfortunately I just found out that Autokonexion products take a while to make and ship out, so I'm going to place my order this weekend for a set of 40mm GT Rear overfenders and 40mm Version 1 front fender flares. So the Pistons are on hold for now :/

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Looking beautiful! However, your standards for cars must be very high, as when you first bought it, it didn't seem like it was in very bad condition..

Oddly my standards are pretty low haha the car was just in bad shape because for one, LEs come in a wonderful gloss black paint. This car was white texture paint..it was as if it was painted white with a roller than arts and crafts glitter sticks were thrown on it. Also, both inner CV joint (when I had the VLSD rear end in) were ruined, it was stanced beyond belief...it had 15x8 front and 15x10 Steelies with stretched tires, fenders rolled and pulled so bad they look like bacon, (I got new front ones they were so bad) and it was so low I almost couldn't get it into my garage. The exhaust was almost flattened from how low it was.

·
Registered
4,998 Posts

·
Registered
4,998 Posts
Problem there is that most of the options in 15x9/10 that are light are not in such a offset because....its not functional enough to warrant such an offset, but it does look good. :)

·
I asked nicely.
352 Posts
Oddly my standards are pretty low haha the car was just in bad shape because for one, LEs come in a wonderful gloss black paint. This car was white texture paint..it was as if it was painted white with a roller than arts and crafts glitter sticks were thrown on it. Also, both inner CV joint (when I had the VLSD rear end in) were ruined, it was stanced beyond belief...it had 15x8 front and 15x10 Steelies with stretched tires, fenders rolled and pulled so bad they look like bacon, (I got new front ones they were so bad) and it was so low I almost couldn't get it into my garage. The exhaust was almost flattened from how low it was.
Gotcha, now that makes more sense, I saw the fenders but I guess the photo made it seem like it wasn't too bad. Well nonetheless it's beautiful now!

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Gotcha, now that makes more sense, I saw the fenders but I guess the photo made it seem like it wasn't too bad. Well nonetheless it's beautiful now!

Thank you! It's far from where it's going to be I promise. Come spring hopefully it's as wild as my plans are for it haha.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Made some progress on my front splitter frame this weekend. Welded mounts to the car so the entire thing can be unbolted if needed. Also took the plunge and ordered Autokonexion GT rear overfenders and version 1 front fender flares. Hopefully they don't take 6 months to get to me.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Got my racing beat adjustable endlinks in today. Supposedly they will fit. I have a racing beat tubular front swaybar for a NA8, but have been told the holes are just about .75" away from the NA6 version. It came with adjustable endlinks as shown but they were for an NB. I purchased the ones pictured below.

·
Registered
184 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Got a little more work done on the front splitter frame. Ordered my alumalite through a local sign shop today, here's what I have on the frame. I welded mounts on to the frame of the car, so that the entire splitter frame can be taken off. Also the alumalite will be held on to the frame by weld nuts/ bolts. It's made of very thin box steel and angle iron. It looks much heavier than it is. Also considering drilling some 3/4" holes for more weight loss.

1 - 20 of 166 Posts