ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok my search for a hardtop is finally over. I had someone locally selling a hardtop that contacted me through craigslist or maybe even this sight or m.net. I don't know. That is not the important part. I got a hardtop that is from a 95 M in the special merlot color to go with my white car. It has a few scratches on the top but I will get it repainted eventually. The seller was eager to sell and sold it from $600 to $550 because it had some sticker residue that i was able to take off when I got home in about 2 hours. He also included a hardtop cart from mmmiata.com. He even included the side strikers. I looked it up online. The cart is about $170 not including shipping. The hardtop after some cleaning up looks great minus the scratch. It has a roof lining on the inside that is nice and it has a defroster. Ill post pictures in the morning when i get my camera. :D

I finally have a hardtop Yeahhhh

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yah considering taking out the price of the cart I got the top for $380. That is pretty hard to beat this day and age.

·
Registered
1,078 Posts
I might paint it black in the future or i might get it painted Merlot again. i do not know
If you're thinking of going black, it would be easier to trade or just sell it to buy a black one.

I sold my BRG hardtop that I got for $500 and then bought a red top for $600 including the hardtop cart & cover.

Point is, I saved myself the time and hassle of getting it painted and a fairly rare color hardtop stayed its original color.

anyway, lets see pics

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The thing is is that it looks like it has been repainted the original color. I was going to get it painted the same time I do the car so that i can save a few bucks. Not before that.

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Hey if any of you guys have an extra purple top loc let me know im trying to get one to secure this thing. Also on a side not when i try to upload a photo how do you guys do it? I want to make it show up on the screen not something you have to click. Thanks

·
Premium Member
6,346 Posts
Hey if any of you guys have an extra purple top loc let me know im trying to get one to secure this thing. Also on a side not when i try to upload a photo how do you guys do it? I want to make it show up on the screen not something you have to click. Thanks
Go to imgur.com, upload there and copy the text for "message boards".

·
Registered
104 Posts
I just got a hardtop for 550 too from a fellow miata group member! I love it so much, I have the side latches, just need the striker plates. Love getting good deals! Especially on a hardtop! Good luck with it man!

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Will do. Just want to secure my new purchase and it seems like they never sell on ebay or ebay has no idea what I am searching

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Looks like i still have some residue from the duct tape that was petrified. Maybe someone has some suggestions. Ill put up some photos when i get home. I already tried goof off and some label and sticker remover.

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Off topic a little but does anyone know where i can get a paint like in pen form or spray locally. I went to the advance auto store and they did not have it and told me that no one like them had it. What did you guys do. Did you have to buy it online. Amazon does not seem to have it either. thanks

·
Murse Magnet
7,856 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
no after having it I like the color and when i go to get the car repainted I might have them tough it up and look new.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.