ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Which means: Faulty diagnostic module (System-down fuse burned). So, what does this mean in english? And how do I fix it? Thanks.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Will do, thanks.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
that means that the airbag computer module is dead. Mine does this because I waited to long to do the resistor fix when I took the bag out. The fuse in the computer blows because it thinks there's a fault in the system. No way to replace the fuse. You have to buy a new computer. It could also be that the capacitors(i think thats the word?) are leaking on the circuit board in there in which case you can fix it. Do a search on M.net There are lots of threads about this

·
Registered
489 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Ohhh, dang. I checked both of the fuses and they were fine so that got me thinking. I'll also check that out.

·
Registered
466 Posts
I took my bulb out, and it started to buzz....

I replaced the bulb, and covered it from the backside with black tape. I am sure it is still bkinking...but I cannot see it now....

·
Registered
1,294 Posts
I took my bulb out, and it started to buzz....

I replaced the bulb, and covered it from the backside with black tape. I am sure it is still bkinking...but I cannot see it now....
Did you disconnect the airbag module first? Inside the module, there's a small speaker. I suspect, that's where the buzz would come from.
Bingo!!!

I pulled my airbag computer when I pulled my dash. Also pulled the bulb. Silence is golden!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts