ClubRoadster.net banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Registered
405 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have been absent for aprox. a month from the website. I have been absent from my computer, Racing Lifestyle, and the state of California. for a bit over 2 weeks. There are multiple reasons for this absense, both personal and professional.

Before I wasn't able to get a computer I had all intentions of putting up something saying I would be gone on my website and I even thought I had uploaded it, but looking at my site the notice is nowhere to be seen. I don't know if I just didnt click the last button for to finish off the upload, my server backtracked a couple days and the file was deleted, or I typed some bit of html incorrectly, but eithor way, it is my fault for not checking. I dropped the ball, and am sorry. Racing Lifestyle is currently being reorganized and we will be hiring/training someone to be doing all of the shipping should I have to leave again.

For anyone thats ordered a part in the last 2 weeks, that is why you never heard anything from me, that is why. I am sorry. For those looking for an update on the NB Hood, its going to Autokonexion for its final bit of prep and mold. No changes in shape, just doing some clean up work. There are a few sema cars that are getting prepped before the hood, so I wouldn't expect them next week, but it is still in the works.

FOR THOSE OF YOU THAT CALLED AUTOKONEXION LOOKING FOR YOUR ORDER, the relationship between Autokonexion and Racing Lifestyle is a buisness relationship, but we are NOT in any way connected to one another. He is a supplier, I am a distributer, both companies are owned and operated by different people. He has no idea what is purchased though me, and it is my responsibility to ship your products, not his. So PLEASE do not call him if you have questions for me, because he will not be able to help.

FINALLY, for those in the Europe and the UK. As I have been having WAY to much trouble shipping to the other side of the ocean, I wil ONLY be shipping flares, and ONLY via UPS or similair companies, as they provide detailed tracking info. I know you can buy a tracking # through the post office, but I lost packages even after doing that. If the price of shipping is to high, I reccomend finding someone in the USA that wouldn't mind shipping it for you.

If you have any questions please PM me or Email me asap, as I will be able to reply now. [email protected]

·
ClubRoadster.net Founder
4,631 Posts
Welcome back, Mike.

Thanks for your post to everyone.

We all look forward to your continued relationship with ClubRoadster.net and it's members.

·
Registered
10 Posts
PayPal have closed my claim in my favour but they were unable to refund my cash as Racing LifeStyles' PayPal account is empty. A new one is probably after being setup already and this scam will continue.
I did not receive any parts, he has my money and I want it back.
I have not received any contact from Racing LifeStyle since he 'returned from being away'.
It does not matter how good he was before, he has my money and I want it back.
I am now contacting my credit card company in regard to this transaction and also informing them that 'ClubRoadster.net' is receiving cash from this sponser and supporting his actions via online advertising.
No matter what you say, if you take money from a so-called 'sponser' who is running these scams and are made aware of it a number of times from different users, to do nothing and continue to accept cash while having 'Racing LifeStyle' listed on this forum indicates that you are a part of the scam.
I know you will probably delete this post or lock it like the other ones to try and cover up what's going on, and has been going on for some time, since this forum is a part of these scams.

·
Registered
10 Posts
WHOIS information for racinglifestyle.com shows:

Registrant:
Michael Eguina
26895 Aliso Creek Rd
Aliso Viejo, California 92656
United States

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
PayPal have closed my claim in my favour but they were unable to refund my cash as Racing LifeStyles' PayPal account is empty. A new one is probably after being setup already and this scam will continue.
I did not receive any parts, he has my money and I want it back.
I have not received any contact from Racing LifeStyle since he 'returned from being away'.
It does not matter how good he was before, he has my money and I want it back.
I am now contacting my credit card company in regard to this transaction and also informing them that 'ClubRoadster.net' is receiving cash from this sponser and supporting his actions via online advertising.
No matter what you say, if you take money from a so-called 'sponser' who is running these scams and are made aware of it a number of times from different users, to do nothing and continue to accept cash while having 'Racing LifeStyle' listed on this forum indicates that you are a part of the scam.
I know you will probably delete this post or lock it like the other ones to try and cover up what's going on, and has been going on for some time, since this forum is a part of these scams.
Please get your facts straight before entering someone else into a legal situation that they do not deserve to be in.

When this situation arose, his sponsorship was pulled, but his company section was left here so there would be a place to resolve these conflicts and he was also allowed to stay a member so that if/when he chose to come clean (which he has) then he would be able to do so.

His sponsorship was revoked not only for this current situation, but also because he was behind on his payments anyways. So if you think about it, CR.net is in much the same situation as you.

If you look closely, his banner ad is no longer in the rotation on the main page. His "sponsored by:" tagline is no longer after one of the sub-forum headings. Also, his own banner isn't even present in his own section, whereas any other sponsor's area has their banner at the top of the page.

So, I reiterate: Please do not jump to conclusions about someone else's involvement in an affair. Please remove Clubroadster.net as well as any and all other parties associated with Clubroadster.net (including other forum sponsors, members, and staff) from your report to your credit card company. Your claim is with Racing Lifestyle, not Clubroadster. We did not sell you a product or enter into any contractual obligation to provide you with any product or subsequent service.

Thank you.

·
Registered
10 Posts
ClubRoadster locked threads concerning the activities of this 'previous sponser'.
It is only since this scam is NOW going legal that ClubRoadster is 'covering it's previous tracks' in regards to this issue and previous issues.
ClubRoadster has already received 'funds' from an online thief and was made aware of the activity, but kept silencing the reports and kept this 'sponser' until NOW.
You can talk to the credit card company, it is up to you to prove to them (and not to me) that ClubRoadster is not involved.
This is my last posting on this forum.

·
Miata Master
2,138 Posts
wow, You should never point fingers, It usually comes back on you 10 fold............. The credit card company will only ask who the recieving party is. Unless tim, and the mods are on his bank account. You and others should do everything in your capabilities personally(contact vendor, paypal and cc company before blaming people.. Thats the way things are done. Just cause hes a vendor doesnt me he would be in cahoots with the forum. If club roadster wanted a piece of someones business i am sure that they would go for some on with a bigger customer base.. Man gettin ripped off sucks but you have to deal with it correctly. You can fix credit card issues pretty easily.. NEVER BLAME OTHER PARTIES THAT ARE NOT INVOLVED, ESPECIALLY SINCE YOU DONT HAVE PROOF. Oh ya PROOF is one of the only things that hold up in court

·
Premium Member
9,430 Posts
ClubRoadster locked threads concerning the activities of this 'previous sponser'.
Because 1) they were turning into threads for people to air their dirty laundry about what should have been a purely internal affair 2) people were starting to jump to conclusions (similar to what you have done here) about what should and shouldn't be done in this current situation.

It is only since this scam is NOW going legal that ClubRoadster is 'covering it's previous tracks' in regards to this issue and previous issues.
Oh right, what tracks would we have to cover? Didn't I already say that he OWES US money as well? We aren't affiliated with Racing Lifestyle in any way other than that we allow him to advertise here on our forum. Any purchase or dealing with him is solely on him as Steve just pointed out. You wouldn't go suing ClearChannel for putting an ad on one of their stations for a crappy shop that ripped you off of money, would you?

ClubRoadster has already received 'funds' from an online thief and was made aware of the activity, but kept silencing the reports and kept this 'sponser' until NOW.
I'm sorry, I thought this thread was about Racing Lifestyle. That situation has little (if anything) to do with this.

You can talk to the credit card company, it is up to you to prove to them (and not to me) that ClubRoadster is not involved.
I have a feeling we won't have to. We don't have to "prove" anything. In fact, YOU are going to be the one who has to PROVE that we are in any way involved in this situation. If you manage to come up something I'd love to know what it is.

This is my last posting on this forum.
Ciao~

Though I also have a feeling you'll be back. My weather-predicting bunion is twitchin'

·
Registered
4,718 Posts
no. planetmiata will burn for this lol.....sorry but i can understand how pissed off Fergus is. One only needs to remember what happened to me here months ago ;)

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
Dang, shady shady shady.

I was hoping to get away from scamming sponsors when I left the Honda scene. So far I haven't seen that kind of activity among the Miata community, but I suppose there's a first for everything.

I'm just glad I wasn't involved.

I recently had to deal with my credit card company regarding a similar situation (there were fraudulent charges on my card) and I know how frustrating it can be to get ripped off for your hard earned money. Luckily my credit card company was really good about getting my money back, they fronted it to me while they are doing all of the investigation on the back end.

·
4,296 Posts
i dont think this was a scam from Mike a Racing Lifestyle. i personally know him , and find it hard to be of his character. i believe this guy Fergus , had some fender flares coming . but obviously didnt get them .

i dont know what to say. but i hope this all gets worked out.

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
So, I read that other post about the CR.Net sponser called 'Racing LifeStyle'.
It appears that there are other buyers over this side of the pond who he has 'let down'.
My story ? I ordered a set of flares nearly five weeks ago and I still haven't receive them. He has no tracking number... nadda.
I have opened a dispute in PayPal because of his online reputation for stringing these things out past the 45 day limit.
Unfortunately for me, I didn't check him out before making my purchase and went by his Ebay stats, I only heard of 'The Troubles' the following week.
Communication ? There is no communication from the guy. I sent some emails but didn't get a reply therefore lodged the dispute with PayPal due to his rep. He sent an email within 10 minutes of the dispute being raised to say that the flares "should have arrived by now" and that he would send a new set with a tracking number etc. To late for me, my car is booked in for a respray and after all it has been nearly five weeks.
Why the long delays in communication ? The emails sent to the email address get sent to his BlackBerry. Does he just read the email and then toss it in the trash ?
It appears to me, from what I have been seeing online, that some buyers in the EU (also some in the USA BTW) make a purchase with 'Racing LifeStyle' and there is a LONG delay in delivery etc. And then after an even longer time trying to get some type of communication from the guy it ends up that he refunds the money....perhaps a refund less the postage, because the parts never arrived (or were never sent in the first place).
Now when I say were never sent in the first place I say that because he has offered to send another set this time with a traking number. That's nearly $500 including shipping a second time ? Can he just say to himself "ah yeah I'll just send another set". Nope, I do not think the parts were sent at all.
You see when there is NO communication buyers such as myself are left to wonder "what the hell is going on ?". All manner of things go through the brain at that point.
This is no way to do business. This is no way to deal with 'paid' customers. This is not professional at all and this is certainly not how to have/make a good reputation.
I do not want another set of flares sent as it is just stringing this crap along same as with other buyers out there.
I want my money back and yes, IT IS STILL MY MONEY as I did not receive any parts.

(PS) How much interest would somebody make by 'holding funds' in a bank account for 2 or more months and then returning the original amount ? How many lodgements would have to be made in order to make a 'profit' from nothing ? I bet Ebay or PayPal would know. Also, and unfortunately, I think CR.Net will get a lot of these posts concerning this sponser. Word is out on this guy already and it travels fast. Thanks for reading my first ever post on CR.Net and I hope to have this resolved before it gets out of hand.

·
Esteemed Member
3,776 Posts
really no excuse for Mike's lack of action here. When you own a business you cant just walk away. The only way I can see it being ok, is if Mike himself died.

1 - 20 of 38 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.