ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
SHUEtuning.net <3
300 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so i have a couple of questions reguarding my stock ugly cd player/radio in my 99'...

1) why am i missing a (20) fuse in the "audio" area in the fusebox?

2) my cd player only wants to play sometimes meaning 99.8% of the time it doesnt work just spits out cd's...

3) i have to bang the crap out of it to work sometimes (like the power or to get the radio or for it to light up or show the time........ ;o(

has anyoen else had problems with their stock radio?

i know im planning on getting a new deck in there (JVC KV-ADX2 :D ) but for now i have to deal with what i got.

please help me out. i hate my radio. i go on A LOT of trips and im not an ipod person or satellite radio person... i need my bumpbump when im on the road.

thanks.

·
Speed Racer
4,690 Posts
*sigh* I got my 1991 BRG that has a stock CD player in dash and it will take the cd in, and then spit it back out. Also, sometimes the radio won't turn on, I push the button and nothing happens. Then a minute later the button works and it turns on. Oh well. Guess I'm subscribing to hear what others say.

I think I'm gonna yank the radio out, I already took out the door speakers (JBLs from PO?) and saved 3.5 lbs. haha

·
Registered
605 Posts
My 2000 OE radio works about 98% of the time, but some days it'll act up strangely... especially the CD player part; it doesn't spit out discs, but the display will go blank or freeze and/or it'll stop playing. It works just well enough that I can't bring myself to buy an ugly aftermarket head unit.

The audio fuse you don't have is probably for the factory optional BOSE amps.

·
Esteemed Member
2,930 Posts
hmm.. my pos aftermarket cd player does the same crap, sometimes spits out cd's, skips real bad on the slightest bumps from the road, intermittently turns itself off.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts