ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, at least according to the ID plate I just picked up. It is reportedly an authentic, unused plate without any serial number as shown in the top picture. The lower photos with serial number BW-082 are for illustration purposes only. Greg, I know you've got something similar in your signature. Are there any Mazdaspeed experts out there who can tell me more about this item? Like on what cars was it used? What years? Where was it mounted? What serial numbers were engraved or punched into them? What did it take to get one? My understanding is that these are very hard to obtain since you had to be a special Mazdaspeed customer or spend on big ticket items to get one. Any truth to that?

Mazdaspeed also used firewall ID plates. Why did they use one style versus the other?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,691 Posts
Interesting...next we need to findja some MS parts to go with the fancy plate :)

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Right now I've only got MS steering wheel, horn button, shift knob, key chain, and oil filler cap. Too bad all the B-spec Stage II cars with IRTB were NA8C and I've got a 1.6L. Anyone want to sell me their jdm Mazdaspeed exhaust system?

·
3,542 Posts
Yes, at least the local Mazdaspeed Sports Factory used to give it only to cars they deemed worthy of the plaque...the exact criteria, I don't know. I know I got one after they installed the MS Supercharger. Kinda cool actually :)

I know each Sports Factory was given a certain code...ours had "MS" though..mine is MS-010. With regard to mounting...well they just gave me the plaque to mount where I wanted. Dunno if others were the same.

Of course when they closed up shop quite a few years ago, several plaques were sold along with their stock, thus ending up on some cars with almost no MS stuff :(

The firewall plaques are for MS Factory-done internal engine mods I think.

·
Esteemed Member
1,794 Posts
B-Spec (Stage I, II, III, and maybe IV) was a Roadster-specific upgrade; both NA6CE and NA8C. I believe the badge you have is a more generic issue badge, supplied by one of a chain of Mazdaspeed tuning centres/shops around Japan, and not Roadster-specific.

Here's the same badge on a AZ-3 (MX3):

·
3,542 Posts
That's authentic!

I installed mine on the rear garnish. It's kinda dark in the picture, but it's blue. Yours looks pristine! Where did you find it?

·
bad mother f......
3,173 Posts
woah, even feedom's smokes are JDM.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts