ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Bringing foxy back.
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Now seriously... :(

I bought a hard top on an extreme need to sort out water infiltrations now in the rain season. The soft top was letting in water into the car, and soaking up my parcel shelf and under the back of the seats.

So I bought a hardtop and sorted that out. I haven't had problems so far, and have been using it for nearly two months (with almost no rain though).

But just a few minutes ago I got in the car and noticed there was an epic waterfall pouring down from where the hardtop meets the windshield frame on the passenger side. The floor is completely soaked!!!! And to top it off, the doorcard seems to have soaked up too. The small rubber that goes along the top of the smaller window, and has a hollowed out section which I suppose is to collect the water that falls onto it, seems to be flooding and pouring down into the car.

Any ideas what causes this, or how I may fix it? I'm getting sick and tired of having water inside the car, I can't even sleep well at night in the fear that the water may cause a short circuit and catch fire or something...

Please help a fellow miata-er!

·
Murse Magnet
7,735 Posts
it could be because the hardtop was not seated properly. The latch that go over the back area with the frankenstein bolts actually can be adjusted. There are side latches that hold the hardtop in place that can be adjusted along with the latches in the front. Try to adjust those and look to see if that cures the problem. Good luck. The problem with the soft top can be the rain rail. I recently had that problem and bought a new one for $50 online. I think there is someone selling the indestructible one for $60 if i recall. Good luck

·
Bringing foxy back.
3,014 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Uh? Where are those?

I only know the ones by the pinchwelds and seatbelt towers... How Many more are there?

1 - 6 of 6 Posts