ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 20 of 153 Posts

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Flame away, this is my baby just starting off. 1991 1.6 5-speed. I wanted to paint her flat black since the original wasn't much better. I'll list some mods that I've done so far.

Ultra Flat black paint (long-term primer)
180* thermostat (may drop to a lower temp in future)
Open air intake element
Mazda Panasport wanna-be wheels
Flowmaster muffler :roll: (it was a free mod to replace a rusted piece of non-oem junk)
Front marker lights are orange now
Yellow H4 bulbs
Adjure 7" motorcycle head lamps (direct fit, they were gonna go in my pop's and I's 65 Ford Falcon, but he'll have to buy a new set :p )
DIY sleepy eyes (not pictured)
DIY rear hood riser (It was 8-10 washers)

Yeah, yeah, they're hosted off of my Myspace :roll:

·
Supporting Member
12,259 Posts
Grassroots Motorsports! Put some sticky tires on there, a proud GRM sticker, some numbers and you're ready to tear up the local auto-x. Welcome to Club Roadster.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for the nice compliments guys. I was gonna stick my offroad racing number near the rear of the front fenders, in front of the door.

What do you guys think of these wheels? (copy and paste link, they don't work as pics since last night for some reason? :? )

Auto-X from Rota
http://www.rotawheels.com/images/products/auto-x.jpg

J-Mag from Rota
http://www.rotawheels.com/images/products/jmag.jpg

Group-N from Rota
http://www.rotawheels.com/images/products/groupn.jpg

I wish I had the money for the blue-lipped, 3 Spoke Advan's like the one's on Ebay :cry:

Anyone care to bid on these? 4x100 +42 offset 15x6.5 :-s

"The wheels keep spinning, spinning...."

·
CR.net Supporter
2,964 Posts
I have a set of Auto-x rims with Hankook RS2 tires for sale if your interested.

·
Registered
489 Posts
Sweet, it reminds me of a Miata Rat-Rod.

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Dude, just dump a nice turbo under the hood and you'll have one kick ass sleeper
That's the plan, function over form :mrgreen: Next year when my income tax check comes, it'll be in there :twisted: Heck, I might even keep it this way with some nice wheels. I always liked the rat-rod style look on most vehicles.

I'll be pulling the A/C and all the associated hardware with that. It didn't work long and I've never had a/c in any of my vehicles (even though they came with it #-o )

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
i wanna see pics of the 7" lowpro headlight setup.

square lights, right?
hows the output?
I wish they were square, just some round, diamond-cut lamps I snagged from work that never sold. Low beam isn't that great, better than stock though since I haven't aimed them yet, but high beams are freakin' killer though. I might do some more tinkering, possibly look in the garage see if I have some old buckets from my Eclipse, I think they were 4x6 square :? That or find some Chevy High beam (dual glass lamps) and figure a way to mold them in, but I wouldn't have my yellow lamps anymore :(

·
Finger lickin' good...
6,605 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Update!!

·
Registered
222 Posts
man, that thing is nice looking. i was going to flatblack it, much like all my other cars, my mom saw me with tape and some cans and just about slapped me in the face, haha.

·
Registered
239 Posts
that looks EXACTLY like my car before i lowered it and re-'canned my black.

current:

::high five:: for another flat blacker! i say **** GLOSS!

and for the record, rat rods are the ****, and have influenced nearly everything i do to a car.

1 - 20 of 153 Posts