ClubRoadster.net banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I recently replace a new coil pack and new cat on my 96 miata. However, everytime I drive on a hill, the car starts losing power, then it slowly loses acceleration and the engine stalled and shaked. :cry: It is almost like half of the coil pack wasn't working or the car was overheat (I am not really sure about this one). After 5 minutes, I can start my car again. It happened consistently, and I am not even pulling on the engine. I don't know what's wrong with it. I towed my car three times in a few months because of this. :( Need some ideas and suggestion on this. I really want to drive my car. Thanks for helping.

·
CR.net Supporter
49 Posts
How much fuel is in car when this happens? and when was fuel filter last changed? :?:

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i think i need oil change, but i am wondering if this has to do with the timing and the spark plugs. I recently changed the spark plugs too. I changed my timing about a year ago, and I haven't had the timing set.

·
Registered
1,239 Posts
you never set the timing? maybe check the compression? what sounds do you hear when climbing a hill? peas in a can? knocking sounds?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts