ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I started with a bolt & locking nut

Next I dethreaded the bolt threads near the end of the bolt, with a wrench, with the lock nut on in order to protect the good threads.

Dethreaded

keeping the lock nut on while dethreading protected the good threads see.

I filed two sides of the dethreaded part of the bolt.

dethreaded & filed

I drilled a small hole near the very end of the bolt, through the filed sides of the bolt.

Dethreaded, filed, & drilled

I removed the small wire from a trash bad tie wrap.

I threaded the small wire through the bolt hole, then twisted the wire & also made a small loop at the other end of the wire then twisted the wire.

closer look

To make the loop I wrapped the wire around a small pin, then twisted the wire.

Outside tightning bolt finished.

After I drilled holes in my exhaust pipes I taped the bolts inside of my exhaust pipe so the wire loops would sort of spring out the holes once I got the holes from both sides of the pipes alined.

I fished the wire loops out of the exhaust pipe holes that i drilled, then put the lock nuts on over the wire on to the modified bolts so the bolts would not fall back into the pipe, then tightened the lock nuts on to the modified bolts from the outside of the pipe using the filed flat surfaces of the modified bolts to hold on to. I used vice grips.

This is what it looked like when I was done.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Discussion Starter #4

·
Registered
4,071 Posts
weldless exhaust repair:

+

the bandage literally welds itself. I had use two band clamps and the permatex as a temporary solution until i could weld up the resonator I added. I ultimately left one band clamp in place because the pipes were fused together and only cutting them would have released it.

·
Registered
186 Posts
altho it may have been to complicated for your problem that is a great idea and i am sure you will find other applications for it that it really is the best and only way to fix something. but that must have been cheap ecause you prolly had all of those parts laying around your house

·
Registered
174 Posts
altho it may have been to complicated for your problem that is a great idea and i am sure you will find other applications for it that it really is the best and only way to fix something. but that must have been cheap ecause you prolly had all of those parts laying around your house
+1

1 - 12 of 12 Posts