ClubRoadster.net banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So at the tech day, I noticed that a few people had the extended shift lever I always wanted. Sqiggles told me he got his at Super Autobacs so on my way home, I decided to stop by and see. I bought the last one in stock, har,har..........

I also got a Kazama shift knob. Overall, I like the combo a LOT, it was fun heel-n-toeing on the freeway off-ramps and I look forward to giving it a work-out in the mountains. The throw was just a tad bit long, but I got used to it. This will hold me over fine until I find a true extended shift lever with re-positioned pivot point.

My question is, it came with the "Turn Knob", WTF is that??

Anyone know?

·
Registered
170 Posts
The spin turn knob replaces the knob on the ebrake handle. It is def. meant for drifting, you yank the ebrake up and let it go, it'll drop right back, as if you had the original button held in, can be adjusted for normal operation. Do it.

·
Mufasa in Training
32,612 Posts
Personally, I decided to forego the shifter extension and just take out the console. The stock shifter is plenty long enough when you don't have the console to hit your elbow on...

That said...is that a Sparco Ring you're using? How do you like it?

·
Registered
2,442 Posts
Personally, I decided to forego the shifter extension and just take out the console. The stock shifter is plenty long enough when you don't have the console to hit your elbow on...

consoles are for sissies.jkjk. even with a voodoo I feel no need to have a shorter reach to it.

kevin

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #6

Removing the console doesn't make the shifter any closer to the steering wheel though. But I will be removing the console also.

Yes, its the Sparco Ring, And I love it. It was carried over from my first miata...

R.I.P

·
because **** you
6,665 Posts

The point of a longer shifter is so you don't have to move your hand off the wheel as far to reach for the shifter :wink: It's a track thing

·
Registered
239 Posts
just get a short shifter. not a shorter shifter, but the kind that changes the fulcrum point. i think kg works short shifters are like that, but don't quote me. can anyone verify this?

·
Mufasa in Training
32,612 Posts
I need to try driving on the track perhaps. I find my ergonomics (between the shifter and wheel) to be just about perfect. Shift effort is easy, and I don't see the benefit of either a short shifter or an extension.

Perhaps I just like the effort of shifting is all...

·
Registered
2,697 Posts
I run that spin knob on my car. PM for instructions or info. I love it. Makes doing e-brake initiation much much easier.

Also, I have a C's short shift and the shift extender that has an angle to it. Its the pretty much the hot new set up. Better jump on the band wagon everyone!

·
2,708 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I run that spin knob on my car. PM for instructions or info. I love it. Makes doing e-brake initiation much much easier.

Also, I have a C's short shift and the shift extender that has an angle to it. Its the pretty much the hot new set up. Better jump on the band wagon everyone!
So where'd ya get the C's shirt shifter?, huh? huh? *knudges squiigles on the arm*

·
Registered
1,797 Posts
just get a short shifter. not a shorter shifter, but the kind that changes the fulcrum point. i think kg works short shifters are like that, but don't quote me. can anyone verify this?
I`ve had the ebay short shifter (now only 50$) for over 2yrs now with no problemo watsoever...I hooked that up with weighted and bent extender from Autobacs plus a RAZO shift knob...works excellent both on street and track...i`m liking the NISMO shift knob alot so I may get that later, anybody know if its weighted like the OEM?

·
Registered
200 Posts
I like your hot new setup djsquiggles..hehe. :wink: I have almost the same exact setup as you. I'm running the c's with the circuit hero shift extender, but not the one that has the angle to it, though that is the one I want. I am also a disabled/handicapped driver as well, in Japan atleast. :lol:

1 - 16 of 16 Posts